Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

greasable shackle bolts

Old 12-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
jbrandt will become famous soon enough
jbrandt's Tacoma Gallery
greasable shackle bolts

Hey all,

So I have a set of Toytech 1" lift shackles on my '04 TRD 4x4. I just put them on last weekend, along with all new urethane bushings on all 4 corners (and 5100's).

I was thinking of replacing the bolts with greasable ones (all 3 bolts on each leaf).

1st, what are your thoughts on them (are they weaker, etc...?). Is it worth it, etc...?

2nd, can you recommend a place to get them? All I can find are shackles WITH the geasable bolts, not just the bolts, or bolts that aren't specific to the Taco.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME greasable shakles and I havent had any issues with them, but I also never had any issues with stock non-greasable bolts either.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME greasable shackles and have had no issues. I also purchased the greaseable spring eye bolt from Wheelers Off Road, although not installed yet.