Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have these EBAY Headlights?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have these EBAY Headlights?

Well, my wife was all set on buying me wheels and 35" tires for Christmas, but I told her if she spent very much money on me, I'd be pissed. So in a last minute panic on what to get me for less money, she bought me some of these headlights off EBAY. Does anyone have them, are they any good? My OEM headlights are fogged so its a great thing, just wondering if im going to have issues with the install/function. One of the corners had a crack on the back plastic but its nothing major and i think a bit of silicone will be fine, no need to return
Old 12-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
I have em, haven't had a problem with them wish i had got the ones that came with th scorners to match but I didn't
Old 12-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
I have them too, they turned out really nice, but I would reseal them just too be sure, that's what I did on mine, but the corners are not that smoked, they look kinda clear in the sunlight, just look at them in my sig
Old 12-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
brianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianpdx's Tacoma Gallery
If you're just replacing your original lenses due to yellowing/clouding/fogging, why not use something like the 3M Headlight Restoration kit? I just did mine today, and they turned out fantastic.

Before:

After:

Old 12-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpdx View Post
If you're just replacing your original lenses due to yellowing/clouding/fogging, why not use something like the 3M Headlight Restoration kit? I just did mine today, and they turned out fantastic.

Before:

After:

Nice I did something like that too cleAn mine up but I just ended up getting aftermarket to change the look a little
Old 12-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
acidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
Name: Kevin
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
Those are nice, can you pm me a link?

nevermind i found em
Old 12-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have them also with hids in them light out Put is awesome the only is you have to adjust them way down cause they come way too high and blind everyone
Old 12-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I got the headlight/sidemarker package.
So far so good.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
acidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
Name: Kevin
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
Damn now I gotta make my list longer!

and these
Old 12-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks for the input guys! As for a headlight restoration kit, that WAS the plan but I never got around to it and since I have aftermarket tails i might as well get some aftermarket headlights also
Old 12-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpdx View Post

Before:

After:

They'll be yellow in less than a year if you didn't apply a clear coat. I used the 3m kit too and it doesn't come with a clear coat... I'm just going to buy new ones from rockauto
Old 12-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed98toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98toyota's Tacoma Gallery
I got the clear ones that aren't smoked they look and work great. My friend has the exact same ones as you with 8k HIDs they look pretty good. You should be very satisfied with them.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
I have them also with hids in them light out Put is awesome the only is you have to adjust them way down cause they come way too high and blind everyone
Very very true
Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #14
Tommy Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
Tommy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine a lot.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
Got them installed, look and work great! I didnt want to take them apart to seal them so i just siliconed around the seams
Old 12-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
Got them installed, look and work great! I didnt want to take them apart to seal them so i just siliconed around the seams
Nice that's what I did and so far so good, did you have to re aim them
Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Nice that's what I did and so far so good, did you have to re aim them
Oh yeah, BIG TIME. I had to drop them at least 2 feet, they could probably come down more but until someone flashes me i'll try the level i have them at. I haven't messed with left and right adjust, too cold to justify
Old 12-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #18

Lol that's what Happend to me but they work and look great, a big change to the front end
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery

I just bought a set of these off of ebay...
they really are cheaply made.
I like the look...
but the chrome reflector on one has a bunch of blemishes in it.
As if it weren't clean of lint before the chrome was applied.
Maybe it's just from the batch my seller has...
but who knows... could be a common thing with other sellers.

So I was going to return them...
But the seller offered a refund of $ 20.
plus some H4 and corner bulb hyper lights shipped to me.
Was a fail on the seller's part...
because the seller's listing title said the bulbs were included.
but they claim that was a typo error.

So I decided to accept the offer.
Hopefully they'll last a year or two before they might fail...
maybe I'll get lucky and they'll survive longer.

I also bought these JDM tail lights...

and they don't plug n play like the seller listed for my model year.
I think they are defective and have a ground fault..
but I dunno... and am requesting refund or exchange on them.

This ebay aftermarket crap seems to be a hit or miss deal
at least with my experience with my past purchases of similar items.