Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replacing O2 sensor

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #21
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, unclipping this thing is turning out to be a pain.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #22
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I hate rust. The nut was pretty much falling apart in the socket, so on friday it goes in to the shop. At least I started it for them...
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #23
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
that sux. did you soak it overnight with PB first?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
not overnight, but I let it sit for about 15 min.

On the can it just says let sit for a couple minutes before doing anything, and longer for more difficult applications. figured 15 min would be enough.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #25
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Might run to sears tonight and pick up a set of bolt extractors and work on it some more tonight.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #26
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
The head sheared off? Maybe get the other bolt out, lift out the sensor and see if you can vice-grip what's left of the broken one out.

Don't wanna get you in over your head, but how good are you with a bernz-o-matic torch?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #27
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
The head sheared off? Maybe get the other bolt out, lift out the sensor and see if you can vice-grip what's left of the broken one out.

Don't wanna get you in over your head, but how good are you with a bernz-o-matic torch?
a what?

The nuts are rounded off. If I get these you think I could get the nuts off with them? I'd have to get new nuts, but that isn't a problem.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #28

Worth a shot. But I think I'd just run by a muffler shop and ask them if they can finish getting them off for you. I'd bet most little mom-pop shops would do it for very little or free.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #29
Cirrusmonkey is on a distinguished road

Marines: 4th LARB
Cirrusmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Wow, unclipping this thing is turning out to be a pain.
I was having troubles with un clipping it too. Until I reaized that I was pinching it from the wrong side.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #30
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
5 year old thread bump ftw.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #31
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
6 yr old thread , But usefull P0031 code so I found the first O2 upsteam of cats. This is what this code means on a 04 Tacoma 4X4 V6 SR5. Looked at the mounting up stream of the Cat and used a box end 13mm to work the nuts off, Move it a little to left then right, back and forth, Move it a little out, move the nuts in. These exhast connections need to be worked back and forth to unload the threads from the rust that has built up . Both nuts come off with no pent oil! (I was out off pent oil.) Trace the wire up to the manual transmisison top , pull the covers off the manual trans sticks and locate the connector. Read that the connector needs to turn back towards the transmission sticks to get to the connector latch. So I remove the O2 sensor so I can get some slack in the cable. Break(on purpose) the mount from the connector to the transmission with a screw driver( I just pried the mount until it came lose which broke it) Un latch the connector by inserting a slim screw diver in the latch and pulling on the connector( gently) at the same time. Lower the O2 sensor to the ground and remove. Call up the local parts house (O`Reilley) and they can have a Denso here tommorow for $138. Denso is OEM, I can see Denso marked on the old one. The hardest part is getting at the connector to unplug it and that wasn,t very hard.

Products Discussed in this Thread