1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toyota oil filter thailand vs usa made

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoma guy, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Jan 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    I use the toyota filter 90915-YZZG1. I just bought 2 more yesterday and noticed that it says it made in the USA. I was under the impression that all toyota filters where made in japan. After reading some threads, realized that there is the one made in Thailand. 90915-YZZD1. I understand that the one made in Thailand is just a bit longer. Is there any other difference? And is the USA one just as good as quality as the Thailand one

2. Jan 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    Bump, Chris4x4 you did an awesome write up on the thailand toyota oil filters. Can you give me any info on the ones made in USA toyota filter # 90915-YZZG1. I get them at the toyota dealer here in phoenix Az. Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top