Originally Posted by hayabusa3303
I have his skid plate on mine... Guy did one hell of a job on it and talk about THICK. The plate weights in at a heavy 48 pounds... Only bad thing is when it comes to oil changes there is no oil drain hole so you have to remove the skid. Next time im do for a oil change im going to drop the skid and use a remote oil draining system in my engine.
x3. I posted a brief review
, of what I saw as the good and bad when I received mine:
- I finally received my skid plate, and it is SOLID.
- The TRD cuts, powdercoat finish, and red backplate look great.
- MetalMiller offered to install the red backplate, for free, since the skid took so long to produce.
- Three of the skid's five bolt holes were correctly placed.
- The skid was ordered on 5 Jul, but didn't arrive until 26 Aug.
- What metalmiller identified as "dust" turned out to be some kind of overspray that won't come off the powdercoat finish.
- There were several deep gouges in what was otherwise a good looking finish.
- Two of the skid's five bolt holes were incorrectly placed. (I had to have new left and right "front" holes punched.)