Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fog Lights for a 1st Gen Westin Bull Bar

Old 01-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Lights for a 1st Gen Westin Bull Bar

I'm looking into getting some new fog lights to put on my bull bar since the old ones were snapped off at a car wash last summer. however, i noticed some 6" fog lights (such as the cheapo harbor freight ones) dont fit on my westin ultimate bull bar. i would really like to get some hella 500's to match the hella 500 black magics i plan to put behind a mesh grill later on, but im just unsure if they will fit... anyone with a westin bull bar on a 1st gen have any experience with the hella 500's on it? if not, what other good fogs are there out there that will fit?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
just a lil curious..............if u throw lights behind the grill AND on the bar, wont the ones on the bar block the ones in the grill?

why not just do the grill ones now and save a step?

having fogs that high isnt rlly good for them as 'fogs" since the light will be reflected back at u just as ur headlights do.

Do u want them as a "driving light" with a fog pattern, or did u want a driving beam?

U could prolly throw some smaller hella or piaa rectangles on there and not have em interfere with the ones u are gunna throw behind the grill.
the fogs wont be on top of the top bar on the bull bar. they go on the bar thats goes across the middle sort of. and the thing im worried about is the fog lights clearing that top bar.

heres a pic of my truck when i had the old fog lights on that broke. im not sure what brand they are, but they were cheap and came on the bull bar when i bought it. i think they are 4 or maybe 5" fogs. im just looking for a nicer fog light to replace them. and preferably round ones. i was just never big on the rectangular shaped fog lights. but they will not interfere with the ones i plan to put behind the grill.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #3

lol nope. ive also been considering kc slimlites tho as well. i think they have like a 4" or 5" one as well. but i need more lights on the front of my truck.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
*cough* lightforce *cough*
sooo expensive tho!!! lmao but they are nice i have to agree. if i get lightforce, ill be wanting the hids cuz i eventually plan on converting them all to hid anyway including my headlights. but thats a good chink of dough. im juist lookin for something decent to put on the bull bar that isnt too expensive for a full time college student who also just blew $200 on a cold air intake . lol of course im being picky now tho lol. if i find out those hella 500s will work tho thats automatically a winner for me
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #6

those are sharp. be sure to post pics of those when ur done.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
those are sharp. be sure to post pics of those when ur done.
4sure, I'll be quick to show them off