LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Some weird stuff?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Some weird stuff?

Recently i've been noticing on my 2001 double cab that when i go to start it up in the aftertnoon (after its been in my garage for abour 18 hours) the brake pedal it very heavy like i cant push it down. Also when i do start it up the brake pedal is pretty heavy to push on the road.

What is it you guys think?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar issue with mine, where it was hard to initially push down, but once I got it past the hard part, it went down normally. it was just really hard to get the pedal moving. it turned out to be my brake booster, which is not a cheap fix...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
I had a similar issue with mine, where it was hard to initially push down, but once I got it past the hard part, it went down normally. it was just really hard to get the pedal moving. it turned out to be my brake booster, which is not a cheap fix...
Whats weird is -- the issue is almost like if your truck is off and you continually push down on the brake pedal it will eventually get so pumped it just locks. Well, my truck is like that if it sits for long periods of time. But when i leave it for 3-5 hours it is just fine???
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
vacuum leak in brake booster...time to start looking for one is the salvage yards...
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #5

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Great, just after doing the timing belt fml.

How much are they from stealership and then for service?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Rock Auto shows them for about $200, should be an fairly easy install IF you don't have to remove brake lines or bleed the system:-)

Howard
Old 01-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #8

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
How necessary is it to replace? shits expensive.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
All the break booster does is makes it easyer to press the pedal. it is like powersteering for ur breaks.