Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best leaf springs?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Best leaf springs?

Hey everyone, so my stock leaf springs are pretty much flat and I'm lookin for a better ride. The local yota dealer told me i need over load springs since I put on the lift kit. I dont know if I should just get an add-a-leaf, air bags, or just buy bigger leaf packs. I'm afraid that if I do that My Ride will be too stiff. What's my best option? already have almost new skyjacker nitro shocks so those are good.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
if your springs are flat, dont get an aal. it wont help.

cant go wrong with alcans or deavers, but they're $$$. quite a few on here have the wheelers pack and like them, they're made by alcan.

ill probably get dakars though.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I have the wheelers 5 pack, working good so far.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I have Dakars too, no complaints
Old 01-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
I also have Dakars, with the AAL. They are built quite flat, so the ride is still good. Love mine so far.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Well,sounds like Dakars It is, soon as I get some extra $$$
Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dakar
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a local Spring shop and have built exactly what you want. It will be cheaper, better and installed
Old 01-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
Go to a local Spring shop and have built exactly what you want. It will be cheaper, better and installed
Better how ?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Better how ?
built to exact specs, i know some local guys who have custom spring packs and they love them, but cost a pretty penny at that
Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
built to exact specs, i know some local guys who have custom spring packs and they love them, but cost a pretty penny at that
He said " cheaper , better , installed "
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
Shiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
Shiftytaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for Dakars. Enjoying my set.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #17
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
nofords08,

Be sure you are figuring the total cost when comparing custom spring shop built leaf spring pack, to an aftermarket leaf spring pack: shipping, U-bolts, bushings, shims, alignment and installation.

Shipping can run from $100-200.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #18
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Uhm my all pro expo pack was 385 bucks. I've seen custom spring packs go for more than that...not sure what point your trying to make?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #19
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Alcan or Deaver. I run alcan's and no complaints so far. Both are kind of pricey but can't go wrong with either.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #20
nofords08,

A spring shop will give a quote for installed price, this includes U-bolts and anything else you need. Plus they are installing and aligning your springs.

Does your $385 include U-bolts, shipping and all other expenses and parts needed?