Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

One step closer to being chrome free

Old 01-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
One step closer to being chrome free

Did the grill and lights today. Can't wait for warmer weather to paint the bumpers.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I've blacked out the rear bumper, the badges and plan to do the grill. How did you do the headlights?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
2tufftaco is on a distinguished road
2tufftaco's Tacoma Gallery
im wanting to do the same if you dont mind.. where did you get the grille lights setup and how much ? what are your plans for the rear bumper . im trying to do a local swap.. my chrome for someones base gray. guess not many chrome fans
Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought some blacked out ones from ebay. I suppose if you are careful and have some patience you could do the stock ones yourself. I think people here have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNasti View Post
Looks good. I've blacked out the rear bumper, the badges and plan to do the grill. How did you do the headlights?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
looking great! i got rid of all the chrome on my tacoma and am in the process of eliminating it on my new tundra haha!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Taco Roja

Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
The grill was about 50 bucks on ebay and the lights came in a 6 piece set (head lights, corners and turn signals) for around 130 I think I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tufftaco View Post
im wanting to do the same if you dont mind.. where did you get the grille lights setup and how much ? what are your plans for the rear bumper . im trying to do a local swap.. my chrome for someones base gray. guess not many chrome fans
Old 01-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
Loves Tacos
JoePoulson is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoePoulson's Tacoma Gallery
Which brand of side steps do you have? Mine are chrome (as is my front and rear bumpers), and I can't stand them. Am looking at all kinds of options for replacements. Not a fan, but the woman and daughter use them to get in the truck.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePoulson View Post
Which brand of side steps do you have? Mine are chrome (as is my front and rear bumpers), and I can't stand them. Am looking at all kinds of options for replacements. Not a fan, but the woman and daughter use them to get in the truck.
Paint them!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbrian View Post
Did the grill and lights today. Can't wait for warmer weather to paint the bumpers.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
I hate chrome
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...te-chrome.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ii-bumper.html

I have removed or painted all the chrome on an 04

I bought a black bumper and painted it with rattle cans and it looked good until the road bugs etched the finish

You can sand the old chrome bumper and paint it or buy a black bumper and paint it. But I will be painting mine again and using a better clear coat to protect the finish from all the bugs that collect on the front of a truck.

Truck looks great
Old 01-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great.

I'm partial to the red and black my self...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #14
Taco Roja

Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
These are some cheap things from autoanything (steelcraft I think) and I would highly recommend AGAINST buying them. These are the illest fitting pieces of shit. I won't get in to all the specifics it's a long story (unless you want the details). After I finish some other things I'll probably cut these off. Try painting the ones you have first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePoulson View Post