LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about Spark Plug Wires

Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Ngotoma is on a distinguished road
Ngotoma's Tacoma Gallery
Question about Spark Plug Wires

I acquired a "new to me" 2000 Tacoma Prerunner with 86k miles and I been doing all the maintenance on it so far. I changed all the engine and differential oil to synthetic, had the dealer do the transmission flush and fill. I bought Denso replacement spark plugs which I will put on this weekend.

I searched around here and there seeing if there was a DIY or video or even pictures, but only thing I found was the 4cyl replacement and on how to change spark plugs but not wires.

Now I have a questions about spark plug wires, seems I have to get 2 different types of spark plug wires? I bought 2 sets of NGKs thinking oh, ok I just need 2. I opened one packaged and they are labeled for 1, 3, and 5. The set was Stock#4412 Part #RC-TE66. Now reading more, seems I needed another item Stock #58931 Part #CPB-T003, would I need 3 of these also?

Any advice would be great. (If of course I don't need the 2nd set of spark plug wires, anyone want them for cheap? Lol)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck only has 3 spark plug wires.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...lug-wires.html

Read post 3 in that thread.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Ngotoma is on a distinguished road
Ngotoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, somehow I never seen that thread even with the search tool ....

I fail.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngotoma View Post

I fail.

Thanks!
No problem. The search tool is kind of funky sometimes, takes some getting used to.

I just went to the first gen section, then on the very right side of the panel is a drop down menu that says "search this forum" and typed in spark plug wires.

You'll get it figured out after a while.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngotoma View Post

I fail.

Thanks!
Lived in Uptown from 1/2010 thru 8/2010. Could not agree more with your sig!