Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AFE PRO DRY vs OME TOTOTA AIR FILTER

Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
AFE PRO DRY vs OME TOTOTA AIR FILTER

Hay guys , Dos any one know or have any data. If the AFE pro dry air filter filters better or worres then the OME Toyota air filter ? Iam running a afe pro dry drop in filter and the ather day I had my intake tub off and noticed lite coating of dust on the inside of the intake tub. Just woundering if its normal or if the filter is letting in dust?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Ive read that if you live in a dusty climate you must clean the AFE more often. That prompted me to not get one. I dont want to risk pulling anything into my engine for the marginal benefit they provide.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
misterdmac is on a distinguished road

Name: Doostin
misterdmac's Tacoma Gallery
Forgive me, but assuming you mean on the engine side of your airbox?? I've never had that issue with my AFE dry. x2 on the cleaning though, I rinse mine out every 3000mi. and it's not like the water comes out dirty but I think it helps to keep it as clean as possible. I also spray my MAF down fairly regularly. I mean, it is high flow so I guess maybe the smallest of dust particles might be getting in.

Make sure it's seated properly, too.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
IMO engine protection>performance.

With any drop in filter performance gains will be negligible.

I run an OEM paper filter because where I live is very dusty, and minimal performance gains aren't worth the sacrifice of engine protection.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
We get discount afe filters so I'm about to get rid of k&n for a pro dry, my stepdads tundra has a stage 2 and it sounds good
Old 01-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
Hay guys , Dos any one know or have any data. If the AFE pro dry air filter filters better or worres then the OME Toyota air filter ? Iam running a afe pro dry drop in filter and the ather day I had my intake tub off and noticed lite coating of dust on the inside of the intake tub. Just woundering if its normal or if the filter is letting in dust?
You already know the answer don't you. More flow equals more dirt.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Paper filters best. I found dust past my AFE dry flow. I switched back to the TRD oiled filter and I haven't found dirt yet.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Purolator pureone. I'm gonna spam the fuck out of these threads until everyone and their grandma buys one. It's the best, period.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for everyones input and info Very much appreciated ! The small amount of gains is not worth sacrificing the filtration factor.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Purolator pureone. I'm gonna spam the fuck out of these threads until everyone and their grandma buys one. It's the best, period.
Ryan, start a group buy....