Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A/C dash panel light out again

Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
fshams is on a distinguished road

fshams's Tacoma Gallery
A/C dash panel light out again

2003 Tacoma

So about a month ago I replaced one of three lights behind the A/C heater panel. They are the the small twist lock type, so you'd end up having to disassemble the switch panel casing to reach the lights. Picked up a new bulb from the dealer and installed it. The same bulb lasted just over a month and it's out again. I don't plan on changing the dash color, I just like to find a replacement bulb that lasts longer than a month or two. Most likely the new bulb I got from the dealer was either defective or some how damaged. The other two bulbs (L & R) are still lit and no issues there. This is the center bulb that's gone out again.

I looked around the forum here to locate the thread on replacement LED bulbs. There are a few threads but none of them (at least the one's I found) specifies a part number for a replacement "twist- lock" that can replace the OEM bulb.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Neowedge type 4 screws in just like OEM. Superbrightleds have them for a couple bucks. Go to neowedge bulbs then choose 4mm(type 4). Pics in my build if needed.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
traknatrak is on a distinguished road
Name: Al
traknatrak's Tacoma Gallery

I got a burnt out lights.

I have a 99 tacoma regular cab.How you replace light bulbs in the heater control knobs on the center dash? Is it easy to replace? Thank You or any suggestions and help.
Regards.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by traknatrak View Post

I got a burnt out lights.

I have a 99 tacoma regular cab.How you replace light bulbs in the heater control knobs on the center dash? Is it easy to replace? Thank You or any suggestions and help.
Regards.
I just did both of mine.

Easy peasy. Your 99 is different than the 01-04...

Pull off the knobs for the fan speed, circulate/fresh air, temp and direction controls.

Get the smallest flat head screw driver you have, gently pry out the A/C button. Then gently pry off the face plate (there are two male nubs that stick into holes in the upper right and left of the plate).

You'll see two bulbs. Simply pull them out, remove the green sleeves, put those green sleeves on the new bulbs, push the new bulbs in, and then put all the stuff back together in reverse order.

I'm a totally knob when it comes to most stuff and this took me 3 minutes.

Oh, and they're 74 bulbs - autozone has them for $3.99 for a pair