Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

URD 02 simulator

Old 01-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
B ryan is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
B ryan's Tacoma Gallery
URD 02 simulator

For you who have done this, is it worth spending the $100? I have a 420 code being thrown on my truck and I'm wondering if this will help solve it as well as the recent drop in mpg. They only offer a downstream one, and i was under the impression that it was the upstream one that did the fuel to oxygen ratio adjustments? Thoughts???
Old 01-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
96 tacomaPtown is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
96 tacomaPtown's Tacoma Gallery
Urd Simulator

I have done this it does work it is for the down stream sensor. its a tedious task and kind of scary cutting into wiring harness but it is not to bad. i soldered mine and electrical taped the harness to the dash frame to support it from disconnecting somehow. i got it because i removed my cats inards. ive heard you can just get a relay. and thats all it is . im not sure if thats what it is called exactly it just mimics what the computer wants to see to prevent light from comming on and allow it to run on just one sensor. its what is behind the cat that matters is why they dont just delete the rear sensor. it measures the resistance between the front and rear sensor. if your cat was gone it wouldnt read right and light would come on and it would tell the computer that there is too much gas because the catalyst is gone to burn it and the truck would run very lean. the simulator allows it to think the truck is running correctly. only do this if you do not have to worry about state emmissions testing.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Weou09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Larry
Weou09's Tacoma Gallery
I would try spark plug non-foulers. They come in backs of 2 and can be had at any auto parts store. Buy 2 packs drill 2 of them out then stack them put your o2 sensor in the drilled out one, screw back into to your exhaust and it should solve your problem.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 tacomaPtown View Post
I have done this it does work it is for the down stream sensor. its a tedious task and kind of scary cutting into wiring harness but it is not to bad. i soldered mine and electrical taped the harness to the dash frame to support it from disconnecting somehow. i got it because i removed my cats inards. ive heard you can just get a relay. and thats all it is . im not sure if thats what it is called exactly it just mimics what the computer wants to see to prevent light from comming on and allow it to run on just one sensor. its what is behind the cat that matters is why they dont just delete the rear sensor. it measures the resistance between the front and rear sensor. if your cat was gone it wouldnt read right and light would come on and it would tell the computer that there is too much gas because the catalyst is gone to burn it and the truck would run very lean. the simulator allows it to think the truck is running correctly. only do this if you do not have to worry about state emmissions testing.
The new URD O2 sim is plug and play. No wire splicing.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
ColombianTaco97 is on a distinguished road
Name: JD
ColombianTaco97's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone tried the plug and play one? i got that damm code too!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, I have been fighting with the P0420 for about a year now.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #9
gray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to behold

gray223's Tacoma Gallery
How did you secure the rest of the unit to the truck. Like the black box. Just got mine in today.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #10
COMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud ofCOMAtized99 has much to be proud of

Army:
COMAtized99's Tacoma Gallery
I zip tied mine to the harness.