1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD 02 simulator

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by B ryan, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jan 7, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    B ryan

B ryan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    '00 3.4 sr5 4wd
    K&N intake, Flow series exhaust, bfg all-terrains, Line-X bed liner, 2.5'' leveling kit, diff drop(just to be safe), hard wired inverter, Delta tool box, high lift mounted in bed, Jerry can mount for in the bed, spidertrax wheel spacers, all-pro rear bumper, gray wire mod
    For you who have done this, is it worth spending the $100? I have a 420 code being thrown on my truck and I'm wondering if this will help solve it as well as the recent drop in mpg. They only offer a downstream one, and i was under the impression that it was the upstream one that did the fuel to oxygen ratio adjustments? Thoughts???

2. Jan 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    96 tacomaPtown

96 tacomaPtown Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    96 ext cab 4x4 taco
    3 inch spacer lift,pro comp addaleaf, 1 inch diff drop kyb shock/struts, Lc engineering header, stock muffler, hollowed cat, 2 1/4 exhaust, o2simulator , 31 10.50 15 wranglers on stock. Hella 500 headlamps, bug gaurd, vent visors, bed caps, bed liner, Volant cai intake.
    I have done this it does work it is for the down stream sensor. its a tedious task and kind of scary cutting into wiring harness but it is not to bad. i soldered mine and electrical taped the harness to the dash frame to support it from disconnecting somehow. i got it because i removed my cats inards. ive heard you can just get a relay. and thats all it is . im not sure if thats what it is called exactly it just mimics what the computer wants to see to prevent light from comming on and allow it to run on just one sensor. its what is behind the cat that matters is why they dont just delete the rear sensor. it measures the resistance between the front and rear sensor. if your cat was gone it wouldnt read right and light would come on and it would tell the computer that there is too much gas because the catalyst is gone to burn it and the truck would run very lean. the simulator allows it to think the truck is running correctly. only do this if you do not have to worry about state emmissions testing.

3. Jan 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    Weou09

Weou09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    B'ham, Al
    Vehicle:
    '12 SR5 4X4
    deleted secondary air filter
    I would try spark plug non-foulers. They come in backs of 2 and can be had at any auto parts store. Buy 2 packs drill 2 of them out then stack them put your o2 sensor in the drilled out one, screw back into to your exhaust and it should solve your problem.

4. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    The new URD O2 sim is plug and play. No wire splicing.

5. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    ColombianTaco97

ColombianTaco97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JD
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC 2.7L
    Suspension: Billys 5100 Front & Rear Front: Set at '85 Rear: Wheelers AAL 1.5' Wheels + Tires: Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Wheels 17' BFG All Terrain KO2's 265/70/17 Armor: Bulletproof Fab: TRD Stamped Skid Plate Special Mods: Headlights Retrofit (Insight Retrofits) LED Interior Lighting Conversion TacomaWorld Sticker By TCBob(10hp gain) TacoDane LED Bed Kit Marimoto XB LED Fog Lights TRD Battery Holder TRD 5 Speed Shift Knob HomerTaco TRD Satoshi Grill ARE Bed Cap Audio: Alpine ILX-107 - Media Receiver Plasti Dip: Rear Bumper Emblems Bed Cap
    has anyone tried the plug and play one? i got that damm code too!!! :(

6. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    Swimmerboy2112

Swimmerboy2112 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Walnutport, PA
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD V6 5 Speed X-Cab
    Borla exhaust, K&N intake, ARB bumper, 16x8 Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels, 20% Tint
    Sub'd, I have been fighting with the P0420 for about a year now.

7. Oct 27, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    ScienceofSpeed

ScienceofSpeed Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FFEJ
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    01 double cab 4x4 trd limited
    grey wire mod, disable drl, diff breather relocation, transmission cooler, deckplate mod, powerslot rotors, hawk HPS brake pads, steel braided brake lines, NGK Iridium plugs & wires, TRD headers, snugtop camper, husky floormats, OME 881, OME HD leafs, OME nitro sport shocks, TRD supercharger, non-turbo supra injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, URD 2.2 S/C pulley, AEM fic, One off all stainless 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust
    I've had the plug and play one for about a year/4,000 miles no CEL yet.

8. Oct 28, 2012 at 5:05 AM
    hayabusa3303

hayabusa3303 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    ARB bumper, warn 9.5 winch. carbon fiber hood. Leer top with thule racks and MOAB from thule. Electric fans, blue sea fuse block, Sony dvd Head unit, Xm tuner and HD tuner. New carpet and new racing seats. ( other half doesnt like them i think). Nwor springs and adjustable coil overs. Sky jacker rear shocks. Slot and drilled rotors. Engine Titanium ceramic coated headers, no cat, jba cat back. URD Rear Sensor Simulator. Leds all around and inside cab and HID H4 hi/lo beams.
    I have the plug and play one no problems been on over a year now no cel light.. Urd makes damn good stuff.

9. Jan 10, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    gray223

gray223 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    How did you secure the rest of the unit to the truck. Like the black box. Just got mine in today.

10. Jan 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    COMAtized99

COMAtized99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    99 DCLB v8
    The Bed is stock...ish
    I zip tied mine to the harness.

Products Discussed in

To Top