Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed roll bar? yes or no?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
washed in the blood and wrapped in camoflauge!
Prerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud of

Name: A.J.
Prerunner2511's Tacoma Gallery
Bed roll bar? yes or no?

i have an 04 prerunner double cab and im debating on putting a roll bar in the bed. The problem is ive never seen it done so i have nothing to go on. the bed is so small i dont know if it would look akward or not, if any of you have a picture of one id like to see it. I also want your opinion on wether i should do it or not.
Thanks
AJ
Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Boilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Boilermaker99's Tacoma Gallery
Well in VA they say NO if you want respect in the woods, I have no idea who they are just hear it around a bunch of taco owners....I personally have driven in more trucks than none without, and its hard to stand in a truck bed while wheelin and drinkin beer and not make a mess...
Old 01-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Prerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud ofPrerunner2511 has much to be proud of

i was going to mount lights on it. thats pretty much the only reson id put it back there. Has anyone seen a double cab with a roll bar? Usually i probably wouldnt put one in it but is a 5ft bed i cant use it for much :/
Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like the looks of the rollbars because of the large tubing that runs down towards the end of the bed.

Looks fugly....

If you want something to mount lights on that wont look goofy get a headache rack.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46

My simple design for a headache rack. The two yellow lights are rear facing auxilary lights. The red is just the tailight. It is gonna be made to fit with my toolbox.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry can't help with pics but I think the Toyotas look awesome with rollbars. Back to the Future baby!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post

My simple design for a headache rack. The two yellow lights are rear facing auxilary lights. The red is just the tailight. It is gonna be made to fit with my toolbox.

thats a really good design but I dont want a headache rack and i dont think i want a full roll bar anymore i may just get a bull bar and mount two lights on it. I may mess around and fabricate a headache rack just for the challenge and I may put it on my truck eventually but id change the rear aux. lights to fire lights because starting in march i'll be on Friendsville FD
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Loner02 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Loner02's Tacoma Gallery
Rollbars are so 80's

Old 01-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
Loner02 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Loner02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
^x2, bra is funny
I should have added that bra's are so 80's too.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I like a roll bar (yeah, I know it is called a light bar now for legal reasons) and would like to have one on my truck. I know it is 80's, but I grew up in the 80's so I like it.
I have not been able to find one though. Rhino makes one for the regular cab and extended cab, but not the double cab. Roll bars are still very popular in South Africa and other parts of the world.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
i got one. only like $30 on craigslist so i said what the hell. I like it so far and I plan on getting some lights and mounting my recovery stuff and an extinguisher on it.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Honey Badger takes what it wants
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
Is there better use for the space that they take up....Yes.

But i'm a fan

Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner2511 View Post
thats a really good design but I dont want a headache rack and i dont think i want a full roll bar anymore i may just get a bull bar and mount two lights on it. I may mess around and fabricate a headache rack just for the challenge and I may put it on my truck eventually but id change the rear aux. lights to fire lights because starting in march i'll be on Friendsville FD
Yeah I dont have it in the picture, but the metal used will be larger tubing. And will have about 4 strobes on it, as well as a couple in my back window, rear bumper, front bumper, and front window
Old 01-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass. I like the BTTF roll/light bars, and the 80s. haha
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
you know....I totally forgot chuck norris had a rollbar on his dodge...if its good enough for chuck norris...

Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #20
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Roll bars FTW. Cant knock Marty McFly and Walker Texas Ranger or one will go back in time and make sure you were never conceived while the other will probably do something involving a Delorean.
Haha see what I did there?

Products Discussed in this Thread