Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP ME PIMP MY RIDE!!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
spankytacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: kevin
spankytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Talking HELP ME PIMP MY RIDE!!

I recently put up a post about deciding on selling my truck and buying a friends. i decided to keep mine, so now the fun begins. Ive recently put 2 grand into my truck and now it runs perfect. there are no worries on whether or not my truck willl break down plus the assurance of it being a toyota. I have a 2.5 in tuff country lift kit and i hate it. its stiff and doesnt look all that good. i have low tread 265 70 16 tires and i have a flowmaster muffler with larger piping. i am 17 and tight on money so i need some advice on how to make my truck bad ass on a tight budget. my paint is pretty scratched and i cant decide on what to do first. please help me out thank you in advance to the whole tacomaworld community you guys are all so supportive!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti-dip!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, save your money and drive it the way it is if it's reliable.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Drive it and save the money for gas
Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Lift, paint, and muffler will not affect driving. Low tread on tires means your leading to no tread. Save up for tires. Depeneding on how long your current ones last maybe get an actual lift, and new tires at the same time. But for now save that cash. Never know when your gonna have a rainy day
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Plasti-dip!

+2
Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Put your real money where it matters most right now: tires

Do some cheap mods to make your truck look "bad ass"

Since you have a black truck, I'd go the black on black on black, etc.. theme.

Debadge and de-decal your truck then paint your wheels, bumper etc... black.

Look at vacountryboy's (or something like that) build. His truck has the clean, all black look and it's fuckin badass IMO

edit: here you go http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...oma-build.html
Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
you gotta pay to play. save your pennies for tires. mods can come later. there should be no rush to throw away money to be the cool kid in school.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
alright thanks guys. yeah i wa splanning on doing the all black but maybe just leave the bumpers as is and change the door handles, debadge black rims, but i had a question. i was looking at treadwrights and ive heard from multiple people they are a reliable company what do you guys think. and if treadwright passes with you guys, i can decided whether or not to get 265 75 16 guard dogs or 285 75 16. i like the look of the 285s but im not sure if they will fit, i have 2.5 in tuff country lift. i will eventually get a fabtech 3 in lift but for now would they clear them and how bad would it be on my 2.7 without regearing. thanks again guys
Old 01-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Honestly, save your money and drive it the way it is if it's reliable.
Every teenage boy wants an ackbass truck - I don't blame you for wanting a lift, bigger tires, more power, etc - when I was that age, I had a chevy ext cab 4x4 with a 350 pushing 300hp and 300+ft/bs of torque...

with age comes a bit of perspective - such as bills, priorities, etc. Most of my rock crawlin, desert goin, beer drinkin, dirtbike ridin, friends 15 - 20 years older than me - they have a house, a second truck (in case their rig breaks) and can afford the toys. I make as much money as they do, but because I'm younger, my money has to go into savings, buying my first house, saving to have kids, etc

Point being, save the money, live within your means, think practically, do well in school and prioritize your money - remember to add 30% to whatever amount you spent because that is the taxes you had to pay to keep the dollars you just spent.

Sorry to be a downer, but it's just my perspective...
Old 01-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
Tacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dominick
Tacos Por Vida's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytacoma View Post
alright thanks guys. yeah i wa splanning on doing the all black but maybe just leave the bumpers as is and change the door handles, debadge black rims, but i had a question. i was looking at treadwrights and ive heard from multiple people they are a reliable company what do you guys think. and if treadwright passes with you guys, i can decided whether or not to get 265 75 16 guard dogs or 285 75 16. i like the look of the 285s but im not sure if they will fit, i have 2.5 in tuff country lift. i will eventually get a fabtech 3 in lift but for now would they clear them and how bad would it be on my 2.7 without regearing. thanks again guys
I got a 3 inch spacer lift on my truck and when i ran the 285 they rubbed up on the front plastic when i would hit speed bumps or when i would go in the dirt, also they rubbed the frame when i would fully turn my wheel. Note that since it is a spacer lift it is not lifted a fully 3 inches. Your truck should be fine without regearing.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have heard nothing but good things about treadwrights.

And stock gearing will get you along fine, but you will lose power and MPG's if you go over stock size.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Save your money, get a good job, rack up the dough. Run your truck how it is, for as long as you can. Then replace tires. I am 18, I know how you feel. I have no money for anything these days and all I wanna do is put it into my truck once I get it.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #14
Untitled
InactiveUser has a spectacular aura aboutInactiveUser has a spectacular aura about

InactiveUser's Tacoma Gallery
Get some saucy mudflaps and put the on the front tires. (I actually saw this once)
Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
ok thanks guys for all of your help. ive decided to save up a little, get some 265 75 16 treadwrights and throw em on. then once i have enough for some billies up front and and an eibach coil ill get rid of the shitty spacers and get em on. after that ill save the rest and get my priorities straight. im doing well in school and have a super supportive family so im just living life and having a great time. my taco takes me everywhere and i just want to do everything to keep my truck as long as possible. thanks again guys
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ok thanks guys for all of your help. ive decided to save up a little, get some 265 75 16 treadwrights and throw em on. then once i have enough for some billies up front and and an eibach coil ill get rid of the shitty spacers and get em on. after that ill save the rest and get my priorities straight. im doing well in school and have a super supportive family so im just living life and having a great time. my taco takes me everywhere and i just want to do everything to keep my truck as long as possible. thanks again guys
Nice, good choice. I was in the same boat, needed tires and my suspension was blown. I put in about 1500 bucks and got everything fixed. Its been about a year since I did anything to my truck
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Nice, good choice. I was in the same boat, needed tires and my suspension was blown. I put in about 1500 bucks and got everything fixed. Its been about a year since I did anything to my truck
I bought tires twice...why? cause i lifted it AFTER i bough tires :face palm: Then lifted it for about 1600 and then more tires..and bumper..

Yea just enjoy the thing dude. You could slap some taller tires on there too even if ya wanted.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #19
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Treadwright is a great company. I have the guarddogs on my truck in 285/75/16s.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I bought tires twice...why? cause i lifted it AFTER i bough tires :face palm: Then lifted it for about 1600 and then more tires..and bumper..

Yea just enjoy the thing dude. You could slap some taller tires on there too even if ya wanted.
I had my 33's on for a week before lifting it

It rubbed like crazy on any bump lol