1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

changing speed sensor's gear

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by blacksheff405, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jan 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    blacksheff405

blacksheff405 [OP] no one ever pays me in gum

Member:
    First Name:
    caleb
    north carolina, concord
    Vehicle:
    02 dbl v6 12' lift on 38's
    lift kit (12'), super swampers 38's, brush gard, kc's , sub, amps, high end audio equipment
    Wasn't sure exactly where to place this and after searching around i couldn't find anything really helpful. but i digress

in order for me to pass the inspection my gear needs to be switched out but I have no clue where it is and how to do it :eek:.

So any help will be very much appreciated .

2. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    I'm guessing you need to do this to correct your speedometer for big tires. It's not as easy as changing a gear. The speedometers are sensors not gears. Most people, including myself, just use a gps, scangauge, ultragauge, or something similar to show the correct speed. I read somewhere that dakota digital has a universal control box that you either plug in or hard wire in and it corrects the speedometer somehow. Not to sure on that one though.

edit: My mistake. After a quick search, it is a gear and here is a thread that shows what you need.

3. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    blacksheff405

blacksheff405 [OP] no one ever pays me in gum

Member:
    First Name:
    caleb
    north carolina, concord
    Vehicle:
    02 dbl v6 12' lift on 38's
    lift kit (12'), super swampers 38's, brush gard, kc's , sub, amps, high end audio equipment
    well i have the part i just need to know what to do.. never done anything like this and completely clueless i'm bout to go out and look at it to see if i can figure something out
    thanks for the help though

Products Discussed in

To Top