Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission swap

Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission swap

Is it realistic to even think about swapping my auto for a manual transmission? When I bought my truck I was driving a big truck every day--so I didn't really want a manual. Now that I don't drive a big truck every day, I sure would love to have a manual. I'm a pretty good mechanic but would this be totally stupid?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takamineman View Post
Is it realistic to even think about swapping my auto for a manual transmission? When I bought my truck I was driving a big truck every day--so I didn't really want a manual. Now that I don't drive a big truck every day, I sure would love to have a manual. I'm a pretty good mechanic but would this be totally stupid?
Its very possible. A lot of work and $$$, but very possible indeed.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a lot of work. Do you have something else to drive?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i dont think yu can pass obdII inspections but idr

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...=140450&page=2

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...ad.php?t=69119
Old 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so yeah...after a good bit more research and checking out the links above, this is sooo not gonna be worth the trouble for a little extra zip and some added fuel mileage! Oh well, it was worth a look anyway!!