Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need some help. Water leak

Old 01-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
I need some help. Water leak

Me and a buddy went out shooting the other day and when he got in with muddy shoes I flipped the floor mat over to find damp carpet. I just went out and pulled up the carpet and it was pretty damp. I checked everywhere and even pulled the two little plugs in the floor board to put some type of sealant down. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks for the responses in advance.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I will have a randomly wet carpet on the drivers side where I put my feet once in a while. It comes and goes...but doesn't smell like coolant so its not the heater core.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
I will have a randomly wet carpet on the drivers side where I put my feet once in a while. It comes and goes...but doesn't smell like coolant so its not the heater core.

I just dont understand where it could come from haha. My windows dont leak that I know of and I checked every possible place that water could come in but couldnt seem to find the source. But I appreciate it!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had a problem with the condensate hose on my AC in an older Mazda B2600 pickup. Everytime I used the AC the passenger side floor would get wet. After further inspection the condensate drain hose from the AC was clogged or disconnected and it was running down on the passenger side floor. Once I fixed the condensate hose I no longer had the problem. Not sure if this will be the case in your Taco or not, but I would check it out.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Water doesn't splash up onto the floor through the rubber grommets in the floor. Water usually runs downhill so check along the firewall. Usual culprit is the windshield.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVCOTaco View Post
I had a problem with the condensate hose on my AC in an older Mazda B2600 pickup. Everytime I used the AC the passenger side floor would get wet. After further inspection the condensate drain hose from the AC was clogged or disconnected and it was running down on the passenger side floor. Once I fixed the condensate hose I no longer had the problem. Not sure if this will be the case in your Taco or not, but I would check it out.
^ This.

Had both this problem in my Legacy and Tacoma.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #7

Ill check that hose but I havent ran the AC in a long time. Id rather role down a window. Ill check that though, but on the windshield note, the firewall isnt wet at all. its soaked closer to the seat more than anything.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
Ill check that hose but I havent ran the AC in a long time. Id rather role down a window. Ill check that though, but on the windshield note, the firewall isnt wet at all. its soaked closer to the seat more than anything.
Have you been running the defrost much? Don't know if that's even needed in Mississippi but the A/C runs when you have the defrost going.

When my Legacy and Tacoma were suffering from the clogged drain tube, it was wet closer to the part of the footwell that sloped up to the firewall
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Have you been running the defrost much? Don't know if that's even needed in Mississippi but the A/C runs when you have the defrost going.

When my Legacy and Tacoma were suffering from the clogged drain tube, it was wet closer to the part of the footwell that sloped up to the firewall
Yea thats the only setting ill use for heat but I didnt know that the AC ran. I reckon ill crawl under there tomorrow and take a look. That does make perfect sense though. What did you have to do exactly to take care of it?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
Yea thats the only setting ill use for heat but I didnt know that the AC ran. I reckon ill crawl under there tomorrow and take a look. That does make perfect sense though. What did you have to do exactly to take care of it?
On my Tacoma it was as simple as the rubber drain tube just got disconnected from a 90-degree metal elbow thing. I just reconnected it and it's been fine ever since.

It's common that the drain tube will still be connected. If that's the case check for a kink in the line somewhere and just straighten it out.

If there is no kink, then it could be clogged from debris. If that's the case I'd take the tube off and blow compressed air through it until it is unclogged.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
Mtlgrlie is on a distinguished road
Mtlgrlie's Tacoma Gallery
My Subaru Outback windshield drain thingy made this happen too.

Clogged.

Passenger floor flooded everytime until I had it checked out. Spider webs they said. Anything but that would've been fixed under warranty he said. Obviously spider webs right?

i think the blew it out with compressed air probably?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #12

Ill be sure to take a look at the hose as well as the drain. I appreciate the help guys and Mtlgrlie.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
There is a tsb on it. I have the same problem and havent got around to fixing it yet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Leak TSB.pdf (62.1 KB, 287 views)
Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
There is a tsb on it. I have the same problem and havent got around to fixing it yet.
Thank you very much for that. That will help out a lot.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #15
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
No prob. rep is gladly accepted
Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
wtmtntaco is on a distinguished road

wtmtntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to say there is a tsb, unfortunately I was way over miles and time when mine leaked, cost $165 at the dealership to fix. Water was actually pooling on my passenger side floor.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtmtntaco View Post
I was going to say there is a tsb, unfortunately I was way over miles and time when mine leaked, cost $165 at the dealership to fix. Water was actually pooling on my passenger side floor.
Mines doing the same thing. Im gonna pop that cover off and use some time of sealant. Not sure yet of what kind im gonna use.