Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Plate bumper build

Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
Plate bumper build

Can anyone point to a thread or link for a plate bumper build? I would love to have one, and have the stuff to build it, just don't really wanna pay retail price for one!!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
so your looking for a how to write up of how to build your own?

uh idk man lol but, i'm thinking you need to be pretty good with a welder to pull something like that off especially if you intend on ever putting a winch in it. that could be a scary as hell to have a bumper tear off of a truck under load.

i don't mean to assume that your not capable of doing this it just crossed my mind and want you to be safe.

there are a few members on here that fabbed up their own tube style bumpers i have seen some of them looked awesome when they finished. but, your talking plate steel bumper right? thats a different thing altogether i think and probably harder to execute the right way than the easier to work with tubing.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Go to TTORA and use the search. You'll be reading for days.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
soildworks ftw!!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronick View Post
Inventor ftw!!
fixed that for you
Old 01-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #7
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
^ haha. practically the same thing. i just prefer the interface on soildworks..but most of the time i use mastercam..thats a different story..lol
Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #8
braaap

I know Inventor is free, so thats what I got.

sorry for the thread jack OP.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #9
yea true. lol. i have a fully operational version of 2011 sw, and x5 mastercam..so im pretty much set.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #10
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
Well, my Dad and I are handy with steel, and I do have access to CNC, but still not sure it's something I want to tackle. The tube style would definitely be alot easier, it's just not exactly what I had in mind. Maybe I just need to do more research on the tube until I find a design I like.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
build it on the truck since shit moves when ya weld