Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need some help in Albq NM '96 Tacoma

Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Need some help in Albq NM '96 Tacoma

I'm not in Albq but am going in the morning to have a look at a '96 ext cab Tacoma that I found on craigs list.
Has high miles, owner clams its been rebuilt 37K miles ago
I've had a friend in Albq look it over and said its worth my trip to come have a look at it, ran strong, no rust to worry about,
What I'm wondering if anyone there in Albq has seen this truck listed in the past on CL, seen it your self, know anything about it?
I would have asked a week ago but just thought about asking tonight.
Thanks, Kirk

Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Hillingdoner's Tacoma Gallery
Hi, I've not seen it, but did contact the seller on it. Said it was in very good shape. Said it had no power windows or locks and did not have cruise (so I would assume no tilt). We did not go any further on it from there. Not much help probably, but if you did not know on the equipment maybe. Seller has relisted/bumped the listing a few times if I remember correctly. Might be willing to haggle a bit maybe?

If you are tempted to look at others while here there is a black extra cab auto listed on craigslist too. Funnily it is listed for $4400 in ABQ and the same truck is listed on the Santa Fe craiglist for $4900. Keeps reposting this same way. Has been reposting it for a while. May be nothing wrong with this truck, but this guy is a curber/dealer listing under private owner. Currently has seven different cars listed.

Not saying anything at all about these two trucks or the individuals, but be sure to invest in an autocheck service. We were looking for a truck for a while. Even on a holiday in CA we looked at Tacomas. The autocheck saved our bacon. Cost us about $50 for a month, but stopped us from buying a green xtra cab prerunner we were really interested in. Pulled the autocheck up on my phone while looking at the truck. Truck advertised as 115k miles. Autocheck showed actual miles should have been 168k. Then scrolled down the page, showed where it had its last smog at 168k a month previous and then it showed the truck as reported stolen a week later! Nothing like looking at a stolen truck eh?