Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Icon, King, or SAW CO's ???

Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
scyot89 is on a distinguished road
Name: TJ
scyot89's Tacoma Gallery
Icon, King, or SAW CO's ???

2002 tacoma. this is my daily driver. Im looking for mostly street ride but I also do a little offroading. I just want something that is going to handle and ride great on the road plus a little offroading. what CO's should I get, icon, king, or SAW's. if yall want to through in your opinions on the rear leafs/shocks I should go with i would appreciate it. Also occasional towing.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Kings!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
I had SAW co's on my 3rd gen 4runner and loved them and when it was time to lift the Tacoma the SAW's were my go to coilover. I really like the ride they offer. Much better than stock. Any of those coilovers you posted are a great choice and you cant go wrong with any.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Kings!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
scyot89's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah thanks for the opinion man. I've done a ton of reading on these forums, i just cant figure out exactly what i need for my driving. By the way i'm only looking to lift the truck about 2 inches. I originally had my mind set on icons, but I've been reading that icons are stiff on the road, and kings would be better suited for a more street ride. I also saw where DSM can take some of the low speed dampening out of the icons and that will fix the problem. I just want to make sure that I get something I am going to be happy with before I spend $1,000 bucks.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Old 01-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
KINGS FTMFW!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Whats your favorite color? blue or black?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Whats your favorite color? blue or black?
Blue
Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
Sway away= stay away they rust like a bitch
*****Kings= best****
Icons= firmer on the road= stiff ride
Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
King coilovers are sexy
Old 01-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #15
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 all around
Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #16
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
I know its not one of youre options but I'm really happy with my foxes.

But my advice is to call Downsouth and have them setup whatever color you want to your specs.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #17
scyot89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
I know its not one of youre options but I'm really happy with my foxes.

But my advice is to call Downsouth and have them setup whatever color you want to your specs.

Yeah I would go fox. I just haven't seen that many 1st Gen with them or write ups with them on 1st gens. Do you have any pics ?

By the way I appreciate all the replys.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #18
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery

no pics on the truck that I could find. Ill try to get some tomorrow. I had Fabtech 2.5 dirtlogics for years and was honestly happy with them, alittle stiff but not that bad (only cranked 1"). Then I decided to switch to foxes last year and it was a big improvement (cranked 2"). I beat on the truck pretty hard and they do well in the dunes. They also are softer on the road with less lean in corners.

The only problem with them was the ressi mounting. My bumper wouldn't allow them to be mounted were suppose to go. I removed the washer bottle and mounted them there. See more in my build.