Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any Flowmaster american thunders?

Old 01-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Any Flowmaster american thunders?

Im thinking about replacing my gibson exhaust for flowmaster, but am worried about it sounding ricey or drone. The dual catback is nice though.

Anyone got any pics/soundclips or input
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I know you said you wanted either a flowmaster or a gibson...but get a magnaflow.

I have a flowmaster and it sounds okay...but after 30k miles the casing on the muffler is puffed out and the baffles are coming loose....

Will be getting a 14'' Magnaflow once I have the funds.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
wire101 is on a distinguished road
wire101's Tacoma Gallery
What's the matter with the Gibson ? I was thinking of installing the Gibson this spring
Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a flow master super44...its sounds mean IMO but will be getting a magnaflow soon. The cab drone kills me at highway speeds!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
Try a welded Thrush. I've got one on my '03 3.4 and it sounds great. Good clean volume on take off and quiets nicely at highway speeds. Also alot less expensive than anything else. Performance wise, it feels a little more free, and maybe a mpg better, but nothing signifigant. I just really like the sound. Are you gonna put it on the truck yourself, or have a shop do it?