Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black wheels

Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
Black wheels

All my buddies keep trying to get me to paint my wheels black...my 03 is black with stock alloy wheels. I'd like to see a collection of yalls trucks with black wheels...
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Try using the "search" feature, you'll find lots. And try plasti-dipping them, its a spray-on rubber coating that peels off when you don't want it any more. Cheap/easy way to get black wheels, w/out it being permanent.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
See sig
Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I love my black wheels! (FZJ80s)
Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen Taco in disguise.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I love your truck.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Check out my profile. Ion 174.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSkynyrd View Post
I love your truck.
X2. I want your front bumper!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
RickN is on a distinguished road

RickN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post

Hey what finish of Black are those? I've been wanting to do mine flat black, but those look like they have a bit of gloss to them, or is it the flash?

Anyone seen Satin Black rims? Saw a Satin Black motorcycle that was sick & thought it'd be great for rims, maybe even the entire truck.

**Also yes, your bumper is sweet, think it goes well with that year's grille.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Do it!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Do it!
x2

Old 01-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takamineman View Post
All my buddies keep trying to get me to paint my wheels black...my 03 is black with stock alloy wheels. I'd like to see a collection of yalls trucks with black wheels...
Hey man, I see your from Georgia. I thought this may interest you
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...embers-18.html

Scroll to post #349

Sorry if it doesn't
Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Mine were powdercoated semi-gloss/satin black. They are holding up great.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickN View Post
Hey what finish of Black are those? I've been wanting to do mine flat black, but those look like they have a bit of gloss to them, or is it the flash?

Anyone seen Satin Black rims? Saw a Satin Black motorcycle that was sick & thought it'd be great for rims, maybe even the entire truck.

IMO flat black looks like shit.

Satin and semi gloss looks best
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
X2. I want your front bumper!
Elite offroad FTW! i love it man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickN View Post

I couldn't agree more man. Looks epic

as for the wheels id say its a bit gloss?
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

i like em tho..
Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
asus611 is on a distinguished road
asus611's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it. Otherwise you'll look like this douche:

.....Oh wait, that's my truck!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I like the black rims
Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by asus611 View Post
Don't do it. Otherwise you'll look like this douche:

.....Oh wait, that's my truck!
Wanna trade wheels I wanted those forever but after waiting for 6 months for the company to call me and say they couldt get them anymore i had to settle for less