Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nathans Tacoma Lot

Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
yota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to all
Name: Nathan
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
Nathans Tacoma Lot

Hey guys! Im currently taking Honors Ecommerce 1. My final project was to design a website that sells something. I chose to do my on Tacomas. If yall wouldn't mind taking a look at it before January 17, 2012 and give me some advise on what you like/ and or dislike.

Heres my site: http://nathanstacomalot.comlu.com

P.S. the ".comlu.com" is a subdomain because I didn't purchase a domain! It IS SAFE!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Looks a little plain, and there is a lot of wasted screen real estate. Not bad though, you're getting there.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
It's a good start. I would recommend that you try and pair up with someone with good design skills. I am good with the technical skills but I really rely on designers to do the look and feel. And hide the hit counter. It's a good start, I think you are on the right track.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Dhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Dhawk1313's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you capitalize the "C" in "click" and "h" in "here" after Tacoma?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Other than that it looks good. Good work man.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Id put sexy ladies on it somewhere. not to sexy because its school related but maybe like a nice sweater shot or something haha
Old 01-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
I like it but i'd put different colors on it.. Red and Black? Black and Yellow?

Could you take some pics of people's truck on here and post them on the background?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Add imperial jade mica.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
In the "About us" section:

All employees must have at least 15 years, of which 5 must be working for a division of Toyota.

After "15 years" I assume the word "experience" is missing.

I can help you with this verbiage also, if you would like (it reads a bit unprofessional). I'm of the ilk that would let you rewrite it first:

Nathan's Tacoma Lot is dedicated to providing quality trucks at a low price. We specialize in first generation Toyota Tacomas. There are two generations of Toyota Tacomas. They are simply first and second generation. Toyota discontinued the first generation Tacoma in 2004.

I'll keep poking around the site, but I like the idea and what you've done so far.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
yota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to all
Name: Nathan
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it. So far this is what I *fixed/changed/updated*
DONE:
1. The counter is gone. I was just seeing how many poeple looked at it on here! It was at like 100 which aint bad yall!
2. I made everything 50px wider(700 total) so there's not at much wasted screen space.
3. Links on menu bar do not go back to white. They still are black when you hover and are active on that specific page.
4. Changed "Click Here" to "click here"
5. Changed "Pre-owned Catalog" to "pre-owned catalog"
6. Added "experience" to aboutus.html
7. Getting new pictures for catalog

ALMOST DONE:
1. Adding Pictures to catalog truck information.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
Knee Dragger
Riptide is on a distinguished road

Riptide's Tacoma Gallery
OP - can you put code in to fit certain borders to the users currently configured screen size? This should size it appropriately for any user browsing the site.

There's a huge blue gap under the sites introduction. Little things like these are like misspellings in the grammatical sense, when you are attempting to sell a point or idea, it seems unprofessional and undermines credibility. Pay attention to the small things.

Your text format / font type of the title is a cookie cutter packaged font design that's in every free word processor found on the internet. I would attempt a ink splatter design using photoshop if you want to go all the way, or integrate something into the title so it takes the focus away from the oversized bland font type of your sites title.

Otherwise, it's pretty simple and straightforward. Lots of dumb people out there who can get frustrated easily, so it's a good idea. Keeps it clean too.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
First of all , I do not know anything about website design, so I would say "good job" already, the way it is. However, if you are asking for input, I would say that it looks a little bland. There is only one picture of a Tacoma. My monitor is wide, so more than half the page is just empty background. If you can have a "watermark" type background of a tacoma, or maybe randomly changing pictures of Tacomas in the background that will fill the space between the edges of the screen and your text box. These pictures will add different colors also.
As someone else has mentioned, the name seems a little generic in terms of Font. Have someone on the photoshop thread help you out with a custom looking name with maybe a picture of a Tacoma, shaddows etc. (without over-doing it of course, but a little more than what you have now.) Check out the new guy (theTupper) on the photoshop thread - he has done some really cool things - maybe he can help you out with something custom.
I also saw a few grammer issues ( sheck "a" vs "an" and small things like that that might put picky buyers off)

All in all it is a lot better than anything I would be able to come up with, so I would already give it a thumbs up.