Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what is a good lift and tire combo?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
96yoter is on a distinguished road
Name: raylee
96yoter's Tacoma Gallery
what is a good lift and tire combo?

What is a good lift and tire combo? Where can I get a good front bumper (armor) and what are the best tires for the money? (Knobby)
Old 01-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
3" Lift with 33s or 285s (Standard/Metric)

Check out these tubed bumpers. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://bajabumpers.com/gallery/?album=2
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
96yoter's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I love the bumper I'm makin that purchase this week
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
96yoter's Tacoma Gallery
Will 33s rub with a 3 inch lift? And should I paint my stack wheels? Oh and wwill 33s fit on factory wheels?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
96yoter's Tacoma Gallery
Blackdawg do you know of any cheap wheels? I like your wheels I actually want my truck to look like yours its bad ass! Do you have an exhaust? If so what kind
Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #8

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

Match em up with some black lugs
Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

Match em up with some black lugs
get the type B
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
get the type B
x2
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #11

"TYPE B has less backspacing which causes the tire to stick out from the fender a little more than TYPE A, allowing more room between the tire and upper control arm for wider tires and/or tire chains."
Old 01-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
96yoter's Tacoma Gallery
Hellz yeah I love them! They look sick
Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96yoter View Post
Hellz yeah I love them! They look sick
Hell yeah. Their cheap, durable, functional and are BAMF's!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #14
Vwdud24 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Navy Diver
Name: Jake
Vwdud24's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit, great recommendation on the rims, those are def going on the old wish list haha I'm thinking type B with BFG A/T KO's. With the 16" type B's and only a 3" leveling lift on the front, what's the biggest tire I could/should run? Keep in mind this is for a PreRunner

Sorry about the thread jack btw
Old 01-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdud24 View Post
Holy shit, great recommendation on the rims, those are def going on the old wish list haha I'm thinking type B with BFG A/T KO's. With the 16" type B's and only a 3" leveling lift on the front, what's the biggest tire I could/should run? Keep in mind this is for a PreRunner

Sorry about the thread jack btw
285/75/16 but they will rub if you dont trim plastic and hammer the pinchweld. Google search the pinchweld mod for more info

edit: here's a link http://www.expeditionswest.com/equip...bfg_mt_km.html
Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
285/75/16 but they will rub if you dont trim plastic and hammer the pinchweld. Google search the pinchweld mod for more info

edit: here's a link http://www.expeditionswest.com/equip...bfg_mt_km.html
BAMF!

Nice link...that'll save us some typing lol
Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
Vwdud24 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Navy Diver
Name: Jake
Vwdud24's Tacoma Gallery
If I ran 265/75/16's onthe type B wheel the tires should stick out on the sides for that cool look without having the fitment issues right?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #18
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96yoter View Post
Blackdawg do you know of any cheap wheels? I like your wheels I actually want my truck to look like yours its bad ass! Do you have an exhaust? If so what kind
Well there ya go lol Wheelers Type B. Also stay with a 15'' rim! Tires are way cheaper And you have a 96 so you don't have any issues running that size.

And yes i do have exhaust. Go to my build page man in my signature

Its a magnaflow 14''. There are videos in my build.