Notices

First time changing oil

Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Love to drag race tacomas
2000tacomalifter is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
2000tacomalifter's Tacoma Gallery
First time changing oil

Whats up guys? its about that time for me to learn how to change my oil. Ive seen how to do it but i really wanted to know what brand of oil would you guys reccomend and oil filter?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Tacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dominick
Tacos Por Vida's Tacoma Gallery
do you wanna run synthetic or regular?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Well, for starters for the oil filter pick up a toyota OEM one. For oil I think the run mobil 1 IIRC
Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacos Por Vida View Post
do you wanna run synthetic or regular?
whats the difference?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
Well, for starters for the oil filter pick up a toyota OEM one. For oil I think the run mobil 1 IIRC
thank you man! appericate it
Old 01-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
Tacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Synthetic oil is just a "higher" quality oil that is thinner than regular oil. If you use regular oil your gonna want to change it after 3000 miles or 3 months, but with synthetic you can go around 6000 miles or use it longer than 3 months. I normally change mine after like 5k though
Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacos Por Vida View Post
Synthetic oil is just a "higher" quality oil that is thinner than regular oil. If you use regular oil your gonna want to change it after 3000 miles or 3 months, but with synthetic you can go around 6000 miles or use it longer than 3 months. I normally change mine after like 5k though
sounds like synthetic is what im going to start buying, thank you!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000tacomalifter View Post
sounds like synthetic is what im going to start buying, thank you!
For man. Mobil 1 is good oil brand, I also like Castrol GTX synthetic blend. IMO the brand of oil doesn't really matter as long it's not cheap brands like gas station oil. I've ran a lot of different types including royal purple and they all seems the same to me. Same with the oil filters I've ran the expensive K&N filters to the cheap Fram filters and to me it doesn't really make a difference. The OEM should work just fine. A word of advice if your gonna buy individual quarts make sure they are all the same weight. I know it sounds dumb but I've made the mistake of buying two different weights before . If you wanna read a comparison of oil filters check out:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...mpetition.html