Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Subwoofer for 2003 Tacoma

Old 01-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
Afraz is on a distinguished road
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
Subwoofer for 2003 Tacoma

Hey Guys,

I have a double Cab 03 TRD, i was wondering what sort of sub/sound system can i get for my truck without taking up any space ?

I have heard of some roof mounted thingy, but i dont like the idea of drilling holes in the roof.

I also heard of these flat under your seat style subs, but read too many negative online reviews regarding them.

The back seat on my taco has a tiny bit of space when i take it down, are there any subs on teh market that could fit here ?

Or does anyone know any factory made sub / system that could fit somewhere, but not take away from the precious interior space?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
For a DC, most put subs behind the backseat...
Old 01-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #3
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
For a DC, most put subs behind the backseat...
What sort of sub is this ? where can i get it ?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dom
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 8" sub that I put between the center console and back seat, its pretty square so fits snug. Kind of shaped like this... /_] . You still have foot room for rear passengers, plus my dog loves it because she likes to lay with her paws and head on the center console.

Only negative is that I lost the use of the rear cup holders

I mounted my amp behind the driver side rear seat
Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
CentralFlaTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
CentralFlaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out MTX they have boxes custom moulded for that truck I believe and also JL audio they have a 5" deep box either 18" wide with one sub or 35" wide with two subs, Someone was also telling me about a thin Pioneer sub
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Check my build I nave 2 8" subs behind my back seats.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
David411 has a spectacular aura aboutDavid411 has a spectacular aura about
David411's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking at this to put behind my rear double cab seats.
I am looking for some bass and if this fits It looks great.
I have no desire for window shaking bass, been there done that.
http://www.kicker.com/Hideaway
Old 01-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's mine. As I said in the write up I don't believe you have to remove the child restraint bar in the back but you would have to take the seats out to put the box in. Notice the white ring the subs are 1/8 inch too deep so I opted to put some weather stripping on the subs to make them fit but a spacer of some kind, say 1/8th inch would get the job done.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...doublecab.html

Old 01-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #10
Pnicholas1019 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew (AWF)
Name: Parker
Pnicholas1019's Tacoma Gallery
Im putting mine in my compartments under the seats in the back of my truck.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #12
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Here's mine. As I said in the write up I don't believe you have to remove the child restraint bar in the back but you would have to take the seats out to put the box in. Notice the white ring the subs are 1/8 inch too deep so I opted to put some weather stripping on the subs to make them fit but a spacer of some kind, say 1/8th inch would get the job done.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...doublecab.html

You sir are Awesome, thank you for the link to your post.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #13
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar box to that with a pair of 6.5's in it. The seat didn't need to come out to get mine in. Just angle it a bit and it slides right in. Tight fit against the seatback. Mine fits behind roughly half of the seat though so you get to keep the jack on the other side.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #14
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
i have the pair of 8" shallow mount kicker cvt8's behind the back seat of my taco. ill take a pic tomorrow or two and post it. got the box from like supercrewsound or something like that. then i put my amp in under my passenger front seat. i would like to see some other pics too though just to see what others have done tho if yall have done anything different.. im curious =)
Old 01-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #15
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
i've heard of a single 10" behind the backseat and an amp back there too
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #16
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
i think i may have heard of this as well... and btw sorry i havent gotten pics up yet. my trucks sittin at work in the shop at toyota until i get my new crank pulley in.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
i've heard of a single 10" behind the backseat and an amp back there too
It's possible but most are shallow mounts and I haven't heard one I like yet so it's not something I would do.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #18
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
I have a Sound Ordnance B-8PT powered subwoofer. Install was easy, it fit nicely under the driver's seat, and sounds great. For $160, including an install kit and shipping, it's hard to beat its "bang-for-the-buck" quotient.
I have this as well. Just got it installed about 2 weeks ago. Really can't beat it for the price. I just wanted some nice clean bass to round out my system, I'm over the teenage crap of pounding bass down the street.