Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suspension lift on a 2WD 5-lug Taco

Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
gtmotor has a spectacular aura aboutgtmotor has a spectacular aura about
gtmotor's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension lift on a 2WD 5-lug Taco

Hey forum,

I've read a few things about how most of the commercial lift kits available won't work with a 5-lug Tacoma.

I'm looking at this one in particular:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-TTC30STK/?rtype=1

Can someone verify if this will work or not? I checked both on Summit and the Skyjacker website and they give no indication that this will NOT work on my truck.

I keep tossing around the idea of just getting rid of the truck for a 4WD model, but I don't want to part with my current vehicle. It's paid off, has only has 80k miles, and I've put a lot of work into it (sound system, sound deadening, custom rack for my kayak, etc). I also enjoy the 25-26 mpg it consistently gets in daily driving.

Adding some all terrain tires and a mild lift should be fine for the dirt roads I encounter near my cabin.

Thoughts?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Project: Shaniqua-Rise of the Purple Taco
SchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchmitzM1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
SchmitzM1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SchmitzM1 Send a message via Skype™ to SchmitzM1
Fabtech makes a 3inch lift for the 5lugs if youre not actually gonna do any offroading.

I don't know much about the rock crawling scene, as I live near the desert and spend most of my time there. But 2wd 5 lugs arent great for that anyway.

If you're trying to make it a prerunner, good luck. I've been having the same problems you are. I was looking at the fabtech kit, but I hate fabtech. Its so cheap, and just old copied designs. If money isnt a concern, and you really want to push the limits of what a 5lug Taco is capable of, look at the total chaos long travel, and the camburg long travel. Those will require extensive modification though.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-l...-any-pics.html