Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so today on my home from the store my truck was running like a champ, gettin sideways in the new snow lovin life, when i go to leave i notice i have no heater, tach, or clutch cancel and a loss in power. i replaced the blown gauge fuse and the engine bogs way down and the tach reads zero at idle but then climbs when i hit the gas pedal. the truck still has a loss of power and the tach reads 1000 rpm off. i also checked my two pre exsisting engine codes, oxygen sensor and vehicle speed sensor but they were gone. codes that will not go away unless i fix the issues. the fuse i replaced blew in the 3 mile distance across town.

WHAT IS GOING ON
Old 01-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #3

thanks man i will say today at lithia toyota after i finished my side pipe exhaust on the detailer guys washed it and pressure washed the motor bad idea in book
Old 01-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
MAF sensor maybe? I noticed a power loss when mine went south.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #5

i though about that but then the whole fuse issue doesnt make sense and the check engine codes its really screwin with my brain
Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
bad ground?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
bad ground?
This is not a bad idea to check. Many odd symptoms, you may have several problems.

When you say no heater, do you mean the blower fan (electrical), or do you mean no heat is getting to the core/the lever doesn't work (mechanical/coolant)?

edit: WAIT WHAT PRESSSURE WASHED THE ENGINE? Sue them.

Also, besides electrical gremlins, this could have blown off a vacuum line or two.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #8

update: now the engine cuts out in first gear and second is gutless the blower motor does not blow at all. im leaning toward water got to the ecm, my check engine codes went away and my tach is off about 1000 rpm's its all electrical this is so frustrating the day after finishing my sick side pipe exhaust this shit goes down. ohh and did i mention the motor now make a squeeling kinda rough grinding noise, im hoping a pulley but it didnt do it before?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota new.o View Post
update: now the engine cuts out in first gear and second is gutless the blower motor does not blow at all. im leaning toward water got to the ecm, my check engine codes went away and my tach is off about 1000 rpm's its all electrical this is so frustrating the day after finishing my sick side pipe exhaust this shit goes down. ohh and did i mention the motor now make a squeeling kinda rough grinding noise, im hoping a pulley but it didnt do it before?
Probably because they aimed the pressure washer at bearings/seals.

Seriously, dude, you need to go back and basically read them the riot act. Put this in writing, save all your receipts, and threaten a lawsuit. Tell them you did not ask for or authorize a pressure wash, tell them to bring the guy in who pressure washed it, have him describe him exactly what he did, have them fix it on their dime, of course, give you a rental while they fix. Do not work on the truck, because then they could say you did it.

Also feel free that you will be publishing all this information and their response to the situation they created on this highly public site with 40,000 members and contacting Toyota corporate.

What kind of insurance do you have? I doubt comprehensive or all-risk, but you should look into your policy coverage.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #10

thats the kicker it was on a sunday and my budy works there so we were using the mechanics bay and he asked the detailer to spray my truck off cause it was quite muddy low and behold he pressure washed the engine so i dont know how that works out?

also what sensor send the rpm's to the tach?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #11

my tach is 500 rpm off at idle it reads zero, is that more the crank sensor or ecm
Old 01-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
sub'd
hey budy ill trade you tacoma's and ill even through in the promise that there might not be anyhing else broke lol ahhh the joys of owning a vehicle
Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey budy ill trade you tacoma's and ill even through in the promise that there might not be anyhing else broke lol ahhh the joys of owning a vehicle
lol. im good. i like my truck
Old 01-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
go rip the head honcho at the dealership a new orifice
my thoughts exactly
Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #16

lol well the ecm has not a lick of moisture in it or around it, the maf did have water in and on it so took some lectr motiv and cleaned that bad boy good. will try this then move onto the crank sensor any other thoughts guys
Old 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol well the ecm has not a lick of moisture in it or around it, the maf did have water in and on it so took some lectr motiv and cleaned that bad boy good. will try this then move onto the crank sensor any other thoughts guys
that could be it.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #18
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
What the other guys said, DO NOT WORK ON THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll say that you messed it up. Leave it sit, relax, have a beer, and take it in when mornin' comes around. Tell them what happened, make sure they are the ones looking at it. Liability has some tricky fine print, don't give them any reason to think that you messed it up.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #19

does anyone knwo the resistance for the 2.7l crank sensor? or if not a way i could find my dealer said no and i cant find it on the web