It's been years since I've had this problem.
I have a 1998 ext cab TRD Tacoma with power windows and power locks.
My passenger side door lock is the culprit.
Here's the breakdown:
1. Fully functioning: If both doors were locked, I could use the key from the outside, on the driver's side, and open both the driver's and passenger's side door locks.
2. Fully functioning: I used to be able to use the power door lock on the driver's and passenger's side armrests and both doors would lock and unlock using both switches..
3. Problem: With both doors locked, if I use the key from the outside on the driver's side, only the driver's side door lock will unlock. The passenger side remains locked.
4. Problem: With both doors locked, if I use the key from the outside on the passenger's side, the passenger side door lock will open manually and the driver's side lock will unlock electronically.
5. Problem: If I use either the driver's side door lock switch or passenger's side door lock switch, only the driver's side lock will lock and unlock. I can hear an "electronic" noise from both the driver's side and passenger's side door panels when trying to lock or unlock the locks with a switch. However only the driver's side door lock will lock or unlock.
Is this a problem with the passenger's side actuator?
Do I need to provide more for a better diagnosis?
I can take a video that represents everything I described above if that makes it easier.
Thanks in advance-