Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

satoshi help

Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
satoshi help

Ok so I'm in processor making a satoshi grille, and had trouble with the bondo, When you cut the inside out of the 98 grille it leaves 2 big holes on each side and I already bondoed and sanded it but you can still see where the hole was because of cracks around it, how can I fix that so that it will look smooth and no cracks
Old 01-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
bondo the 3m bondo from auto parts stores is garbage.
rage gold is the #1 in my opinion.
but when you apply it thin layers work the best.
you needed to cover thouse wholes with something before you try and fill it. the gap you can cover with body filler is only the size of a dime. any larger gap it will fall, crack, act up on you.
cover the back side of the hole with duct tape if you need to and then fill it. it needs some support. the best way the body shop way to do it is cut a fiberglass strip and put it on the back sides of the holes let it sit and then fill it.
it takes time, time is your worst enemy but the more time you take the better the end result.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone155 View Post
bondo the 3m bondo from auto parts stores is garbage.
rage gold is the #1 in my opinion.
but when you apply it thin layers work the best.
you needed to cover thouse wholes with something before you try and fill it. the gap you can cover with body filler is only the size of a dime. any larger gap it will fall, crack, act up on you.
cover the back side of the hole with duct tape if you need to and then fill it. it needs some support. the best way the body shop way to do it is cut a fiberglass strip and put it on the back sides of the holes let it sit and then fill it.
it takes time, time is your worst enemy but the more time you take the better the end result.
Right I might put a thin layer of bondo on the cracks and see what happens, and yeah for the backing I used duct tape