Notices

What is up with my mpg?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
m32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
What is up with my mpg?

Guys,

I need some help. I have a 02 taco (4 cyl) with about 124k miles. When I bought it, I could've sworn I was getting 25 mpg but shortly after, I added a front brush guard, side steps and a rear hitch and now I can't seem to get anything better than 20 mpg (all freeway). Does this seem normal? Could the weight of the things I've added really cause that dramatic difference?

Edwin
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
25 is really high. You probably werent getting it and you miscalculated or dont remember correctly. Those mods wouldnt kill 5mpg
Most guys on here are getting 15-20 depending on mods. (Lifts and big wheels/tire kill mpg!)
Old 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Guys,

I need so help. I have a 02 taco (4 cyl) with about 124k miles. When I bought it, I could've sworn I was getting 25 mpg but shortly after, I added a front brush guard, side steps and a rear hitch and now I can't seem to get anything better than 20 mpg (all freeway). Does this seem normal? Could the weight of the things I've added really cause that dramatic difference?

Edwin
When did you first get it?

Winter gas sucks and could easily contribute to 2 mpg less
Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
It's a truck fuk Mpg's
Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
m32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
When did you first get it?

Winter gas sucks and could easily contribute to 2 mpg less
I did get it in the winter (right about a year ago). I thought it should be getting more bc 1) I thought other taco owners were posting 23-25 and 2) I have the 4 banger.

Edwin
Old 01-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
It's a truck fuk Mpg's
helpful post!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
helpful post!
As helpfull as yours

Sorry but I didn't buy my truck for Mpg's
Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
23-25 is higher than the gov posted miliage, and for some reason people lie about their fuel economy. Gov says 16 city, 19 highway. Maybe 1 more mpg if you are prerunner.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20079.shtml
Old 01-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
As helpfull as yours
touche
Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
You're lucky you get 20. I average about 12 in town, 17 on the highway
Old 01-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #11

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I run about 13 city, 17-18 highway with my 4 banger.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
i used to get 23 before the lift and bigger tires. so 25 doesnt seem out of the ordinary for a 4 banger
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #13

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
i used to get 23 before the lift and bigger tires. so 25 doesnt seem out of the ordinary for a 4 banger
What are you getting now?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
What are you getting now?
~18
Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #15

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
You lost 5mpg because of a lift and tires?!? Jeeze
Old 01-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
You lost 5mpg because of a lift and tires?!? Jeeze
yeah
Old 01-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #18
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
fuck you all!!...

I'm getting 9

And that was before my 33s ...im scared...
9?? you must have a seriuos lead foot
Old 01-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #19
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
9?? you must have a seriuos lead foot
x2

My truck is built up beyond most and I can still get 15 hwy.