Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Corner lights?

Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Corner lights?

What are the purpose on 01-04, never noticed, when they come on? Thinking of getting clear corners. Some clear ones ive seen look better than others, anyone got a good source besides ebay?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine on ebay and they turned out great
Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
LEGITacoma is on a distinguished road
LEGITacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I believe they are your parking lights on the front. If you do get clear corners don't forget to get yellow bulbs if you want to retain the yellow light from them.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
I never understood why they call it a "parking light"
Old 01-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Mxer256 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered white leds for mine and plan on getting clear corners...i dont see point in them and pretty sure its not a law to have them considering more than half the trucks dont have them!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNG View Post
I never understood why they call it a "parking light"
People used to leave them on when parked .
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #7

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Actually it is. It is an excuse the police can use to pull you over. Having bright white LEDs might draw their attention. I converted mine to turn signals so i just dont have any there.
Well they arent super white just like a pure white and not the yellowish tint the normal bulbs give off...but when you say blinker mod whatd you do? i saw someone on here that it was normal but when he put his blinker on it was a blinker and im looking into that!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
If you do blinker light mod, what use are your bumper old blinkers then.?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #9

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...light-mod.html
I just taped of the now "fog light" wire and run just signals. To do this with a halogen bulb you have to up the bulb size to 921 (Like $5 at your autoparts store) or else you will get what is called hyper blink. Your blinkers will flash twice as fast. I think that LED's like your planning will do the same since the LED draws less current than a halogen bulb and so you have to wire in a LED resister in there too. I think that for $5 the plug and play of a halogen is just easier. I used a halogen that was the same color as the OEM headlights and then when i upgraded to PIAA Extreme white headlights, the corners now seem more yellow and amber like a signal should be. Here are some of my pictures from the mod
Just running normally

with the signal on
no it wasnt like that here ill post it hold on
Old 01-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #10

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes! haha i plan on ordering the switchback leds soon i just want my corner lights like that...do you know how??
Old 01-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #11

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not a clue sorry.
ok well ill have to message him or something
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #12
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
If you do blinker light mod, what use are your bumper old blinkers then.?
You can convert them to Fogs. By having the marker lights as blinkers and markers anyways. You shouldn't do what Ben did which is convert the marker over to just a blinker. There is a way to wire the marker bulb so its both. Or you can add a bulb to the housing(how i did it).