Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What kind of lift?

Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Mxer256 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of lift?

I have a 2002 toyota tacoma prerunner 2.7L 4cylinder and want to lift it to make it look good and have a 32'' tire...ive seen a lot on 51002 or something like that...id like around 3-4 inches of lift but not have a truck with no ride quality and just be rough and stiff...also i dont want to spend more than 300 probably...i was looking at maybe bigger coils and add a leaf or block in the back
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Skip spacers and blocks...JUNK

Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, eibach/toytec coils, and an AAL in the rear

A bit over $300...but well worth it.

Downsouth motorsports and toytec have everything you need.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #3

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, eibach/toytec coils, and an AAL in the rear

what is AAL?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #4

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer256 View Post
what is AAL?
Take that back haha as soon as i thought about it i got it! And thanks ill look into it!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Add A Leaf. You add another leaf to your leaf pack (which has more arch) to lift the rear.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #6

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Also i do have new back shocks...are these longer or anything?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #7

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Also does anyone know what would make my truck level? maybe 3 in front 2 back is what i was thinking
Old 01-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #8

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
So get these for the front? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BILSTEIN...#ht_782wt_1185
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, those are rear 5100's and are good for up to 3'' of lift. (for the rear)

3'' in the front and 2'' in the rear should make you about level.

And why not get the 5100's from Downsouth motorsports?? They have all 4 for $309...minus the TW discount, and they have free shipping.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #10

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, those are rear 5100's and are good for up to 3'' of lift. (for the rear)

3'' in the front and 2'' in the rear should make you about level.

And why not get the 5100's from Downsouth motorsports?? They have all 4 for $309...minus the TW discount, and they have free shipping.
Yeah i would but i dont have 309 but have been thinking about getting a job...parents dont want me really lifting it so ill have to buy it thats why i was looking at spacers and blocks and i dont offroad
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #11

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah i would but i dont have 309 but have been thinking about getting a job...parents dont want me really lifting it so ill have to buy it thats why i was looking at spacers and blocks and i dont offroad
spacers and blocks are a lift...and are only maginally cheaper than a proper lift.

Dude...they SUCK.

Even if you dont offroad.

Spacers can damage other shit in your front end, and blocks prematurely wear out your leaf packs.

Save up and do it right the first time, or dont do it at all.

You can also use the bilstein's only without the coils to lift the truck (max of 2.5'') and you can run an AAL in the rear.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be an ass, but if you expect a 3" lift under $300, you're not going to have much luck. Blocks and Spacers make your ride quality go down the drain. If you just want to level them out with the option of doing a full 3" lift in the future, get adjustable 5100's, set them to the middle setting, and you're good to go.

What he said V

Quote:
spacers and blocks are a lift...and are only maginally cheaper than a proper lift.

Dude...they SUCK.

Spacers can damage other shit in your front end, and blocks prematurely wear out your leaf packs.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #13

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Dude...they SUCK.

You can also use the bilstein's only without the coils to lift the truck (max of 2.5'') and you can run an AAL in the rear.
Alright thanks...and guess im getting a job! shit haah
Old 01-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #14

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Not to be an ass, but if you expect a 3" lift under $300, you're not going to have much luck. Blocks and Spacers make your ride quality go down the drain. If you just want to level them out with the option of doing a full 3" lift in the future, get adjustable 5100's, set them to the middle setting, and you're good to go.

What he said V
YEah i just have a lot of friends with block lifts and i dont feel a difference but oh well ill just get a job
Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Dude...they SUCK.

Good advice ^^.

Quote:
id like around 3-4 inches of lift but not have a truck with no ride quality and just be rough and stiff...
Quote:
YEah i just have a lot of friends with block lifts and i dont feel a difference
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
YEah i just have a lot of friends with block lifts and i dont feel a difference but oh well ill just get a job
Psh they just dont know the difference, do yours the proper way and when they ride in your truck they'll notice the difference between quality and JUNK!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #17
JavaJoe1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JavaJoe1's Tacoma Gallery
Look what just arrived!!!!

5100's front and rear Toytec AAL

Will have installed this week @ 2.5 , when I get the spare time. Will post Before and after pics.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
JavaJoe1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JavaJoe1's Tacoma Gallery
There there, behind the ride height adjustable one.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #20
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Not to be an ass, but if you expect a 3" lift under $300, you're not going to have much luck. Blocks and Spacers make your ride quality go down the drain.
Just say no to spacers & blocks.