Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

wet carpet

Old 11-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
steve is on a distinguished road
steve's Tacoma Gallery
wet carpet

Have a 2001 tacoma that has a water leak , carpet on drivers side rear floor is wet. Is this a common problem with these trucks? thanks
Old 11-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #2
jrallan26 is on a distinguished road

jrallan26's Tacoma Gallery
Does it rain a lot in your area? If so check the weatherstrip around the doors.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
check on condensation in your truck. the leak probably drips down to your carpet. hope this helps.
ldytaco05
Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 AM   #4
avettese is on a distinguished road
avettese's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the same problem but on the passengers side of the truck, didn't relize the problem for months after it was new. Still haven't find it the source yet. It's a 1999 TRD.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Cracker is on a distinguished road
Cracker's Tacoma Gallery
There is a TSB for 97-00's for water leaks coming from the cowl and/or side seams on the firewall.
It also mentions to check the water barrier behind the door panels.

Mine was ripped open, from the dealer techs who jury rigged the broken window track, so I bought some 3.5mil (IIRC) plastic drop cloth from Wallyworld. It seems about the same thickness, and is clear just like the OEM.
I just traced the old one onto a new piece, and ran a bead of windshield adhesive (the gooey black stuff) around the outside of it. Looks just like OEM.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i was having a prob with water too it was leaking from the top of the windsheild
Old 06-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
edave5 will become famous soon enough
edave5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to edave5
yes, i'm having a problem with evaporator condensation. for some reason, it is not draining, and when i make a turn i can hear a sizzling-like sound and freezing cold water will sometimes soak my shoe. mostly it splills out on hard left turns and soaks the passenger side carpet. i'm guessing the line that goes through the firewall from the drain pan is blocked, might want to check that out if you're having a similar problem.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Get underneath the truck and locate the rubber drainplug for that area-it could be missing.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
edave5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Get underneath the truck and locate the rubber drainplug for that area-it could be missing.
There is no drain plug. It's just a hose that goes through the firewall. The drain pan is holding water, so even if there is a plug, it's still there, because it's spilling over the top when i make turns. (read my whole post)
Old 06-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by edave5 View Post
There is no drain plug. It's just a hose that goes through the firewall. The drain pan is holding water, so even if there is a plug, it's still there, because it's spilling over the top when i make turns. (read my whole post)
Sorry buddy I was answering the ORIGIONAL post in this thread. Why dont you kik off a fresh thread for your problem?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
edave5's Tacoma Gallery
yeah that might be a good idea
Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #12
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
i have a double cab 2001 tacoma and on the back wall of the truck at the bottom corners there are 2 rubber plugs that i had takin out to run my cb wires through the hole and my rear carpet would get wet everytime it would rain and i never could figure it out until the day i took the cb wires out and put the plugs back in

may want to check and see if the plugs are still in there.