Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What goes in THIS hole ?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Badbagger has a spectacular aura aboutBadbagger has a spectacular aura about
Air Force:
Badbagger's Tacoma Gallery
Talking What goes in THIS hole ?

Picked up my new to me 2002 Tacoma DoubleCab Prerunner. Silly question I guess but on the dash adjacent to the AC/Heater Controls and vents there's a "knockout" that appears to be missing and I am just wondering what should be there and maybe an idea on where I can pick it up online once I know just what in the blue hell I need!

Photo attached

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
What  goes in THIS hole ?-1-14-11-truck-040.jpg  
Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
On an extra cab, thats where the option to turn off pass. airbag is

In a dcab i think it was just a blank
Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Just a face plate, check woth a local dealer for the part number then search online, should be a cheap fix.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbagger View Post
Picked up my new to me 2002 Tacoma DoubleCab Prerunner. Silly question I guess but on the dash adjacent to the AC/Heater Controls and vents there's a "knockout" that appears to be missing and I am just wondering what should be there and maybe an idea on where I can pick it up online once I know just what in the blue hell I need!

Photo attached

Thanks
looks like you have two missing.

The one to the right of the ignition is for the factory clock option.

And the one to the left of the AC vents is where the passenger airbag on/off switch would be.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

And the one to the left of the AC vents is where the passenger airbag on/off switch would be.
his clock is there...you can see the buttons...it's just off and has a funny glare on it
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it is just a blank cover for the opening where the airbag switch is on the regular cabs.

Congrats on the new-to-you truck. Mine is 10 years old and I am still as excited about it as when it was new.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

The clock is there, you can see the reflection off of it and barely make out where the numbers are.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
his clock is there...you can see the buttons...it's just off and has a funny glare on it
oh...

derp
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
Air Force:
Thanks, any ideas on sources for blanks ?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
a dealer or if you find a wrecked truck for parting out
Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
Air Force:
Thanks.... yall sure are FAST to reply and MUCH appreciated!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dealership would be best bet, I can't imagine this would have too big of a mark-up on it or here:

http://www.toyotapartscheap.com/
Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
Hmm I just popped mine out so I can custom mount my Ultraguage to it. Its just a blank..

on the back it reads ">PC+ABS<" Don't know if that helps you at all..

** go here: http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...gramCallOut=20

it appears that you are looking for part #20, however this isn't a blank, it is the actual Airbag indicator.

F'n expensive too!! just cut a piece of plastic to fit there.
Looks like $45, not too bad, but OP check with dealer for the part # on a blank.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Air Force:
Thank you!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #16
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
"Thats what she said." Sorry, couldn't resist. GL
Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Air Force:
Searched CL and found a listing for someone in Greenville SC parting out Tacos.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb question (I'm the King of them): Why don't the DC have the option to turn off the passenger side airbag but the reg and xtra cabs do?
Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Double Cabs have full-size rear seats for strapping in child seats, so an airbag-disable switch is not needed.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
sixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixsixsix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Dumb question (I'm the King of them): Why don't the DC have the option to turn off the passenger side airbag but the reg and xtra cabs do?
I think its something along the lines that children under 50lbs should sit in the back of the doublecab. Otherwise you must turn off the airbag if the child is going to sit upfront. It could severely injure them, if not fatally.
Its something like that. Perhaps another member could go into more detail.