Notices

Pics of a 2in body lift anyone!?

Old 01-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Taco or Die
Phearson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Phearson's Tacoma Gallery

I know that its getto and cheap but im looking for a way to get a little 2in lift on my 96 SR5.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Someone had a write up on a 1 or 2 inch body lift. Shows some good pictures, let me find it. Its a 2nd gen though.

Edit: Like I said its a 2nd gen, I know your looking for a 1st gen. And its a 1 inch body lift. Here is a link I'm sure you can Google something though .
Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2" body lift sitting here at home. u pay 4 shipping u can have it. Just FYI u have to drain ur ac to extend one of the hoses, and if u do it yourself you can damage the ac unit.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i had a 2 inch BL on my 99 and i did not have to drain the AC at all
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goomba View Post
I have a 2" body lift sitting here at home. u pay 4 shipping u can have it. Just FYI u have to drain ur ac to extend one of the hoses, and if u do it yourself you can damage the ac unit.
Never heard of that

I'm looking to take my 3'' body lift off soon..
Old 01-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Taco or Die
Phearson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Phearson's Tacoma Gallery
I want a little lift but not gonna do a 3 in with 31's and dont wanna pay for a suspension. I know thats dumb but i only need a 2in and to re spring everything and not even get much flex outa it ill just body lift. Even tho i hate bodys lifts
Old 01-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phearson View Post
I want a little lift but not gonna do a 3 in with 31's and dont wanna pay for a suspension. I know thats dumb but i only need a 2in and to re spring everything and not even get much flex outa it ill just body lift. Even tho i hate bodys lifts
So you are doing a body lift even though you hate body lifts??

Save up your money and do it right the first time. Body lifts are unsafe, ugly, and just suck all around.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Respring stuff means it doesn't flex as much???...LOL...dude..my rear axle flexes a good 4'' more i bet with new springs. And front flexes way better too...

Do it right or don't do it at all.

Hell even just getting 5100s and leaving them on the 2.5'' setting and an AAL is WAY better then a body lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
^^^and that is from a guy with a body lift.
1 inch is permissible if it is well made, any higher is just unsafe not to mention sooperdooper ugly
Yep, id be okay with a 1'' one..as long as you had 3'' of suspension lift and your stuffing 35s under it
Old 01-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
So you are doing a body lift even though you hate body lifts??

Save up your money and do it right the first time. Body lifts are unsafe, ugly, and just suck all around.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #10

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yep, id be okay with a 1'' one..as long as you had 3'' of suspension lift and your stuffing 35s under it
I wouldn't even do that.

Tub the wells then run 35's
Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Air Force: GREEN LIGHT!
Name: Clayton
Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
9 out of 10 tacomas W/ trimmed or custom wells look fugly..
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #13
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
2" Pro COmp body lift, 3" SkyJacker suspension. My 1995.5
Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #15

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytor View Post
9 out of 10 tacomas W/ trimmed or custom wells look fugly..
10/10 tacomas with body lifts look fugly...
Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goomba View Post
ill pay you shipping for that body lift i sent you a pm.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #17
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
10/10 tacomas with body lifts look fugly...
Most of the time you can't even tell with a 1''
Old 01-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #18

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
Most of the time you can't even tell with a 1''
yeah I know...but 2'' and 3''

I simply just cannot wait to get this body lift off...makes the truck look like shit.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #19
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah I know...but 2'' and 3''

I simply just cannot wait to get this body lift off...makes the truck look like shit.
I agree. I think Im going to leave mine on and just get the brackets from shrockworks to raise the bumper. Figure it will help with fitting tires later.