LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buzz near 4X4 vacum housing

Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Buzz near 4X4 vacum housing

I have a 96 tacoma 4x4 v6 and it has a buzz comming from the 4x4 vacum housing near the break booster. It only seems to buzz when i am done driving, and it is loud. Sounds almost like a bee is trying to get out of there, but it is a synchronized sound(buzzing every 5 or so secconds). Anyone know what this is and if I can fix it. thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
The funny thing is, is that it's loud. I will get some video of it soon.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Its your evap system.

Its letting off pressure from the gas tank. Mine has done it since the day I bought it.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
dark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dark tangent's Tacoma Gallery
My 3.4L '95 does the same.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
Its your evap system.

Its letting off pressure from the gas tank. Mine has done it since the day I bought it.
O. Did mot kmow that. This thing that is buzzing has like 10 different hoses comming outa it...
Old 01-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
If you disconnect the breather hose that comes from the fuel filler neck it will stop...try it.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
cory02taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cory
cory02taco's Tacoma Gallery
its called the canister purge valve. my 95 did it and it was irritating, but i dont know if id go unplugging anything....
Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
What do i have to do to stop it? get a new purge valve?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #11

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea mine does it to.

Just get used to it.
thats what I have done. Sometimes I hum with it
Old 01-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #13
cory02taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cory
cory02taco's Tacoma Gallery
we used to have a saying when i worked in the service department to explain problems like this. TMDT. This Model Does That. not very comforting i know, but it isnt going to cause any drivability issues or anything, just bug you.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
300k96Tacoma is on a distinguished road
300k96Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
take the gas cap off and put it back on, you will be good to go lol
Old 02-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #15
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
mine does it too. i heard its some sort of emission control