Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

horn honks every time i try to start truck

Old 01-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
ty332003 is on a distinguished road
ty332003's Tacoma Gallery
horn honks every time i try to start truck

I have a 98 manual Toyota Tacoma that wont start and the horn honks every time I try... engine wont even turn over. I have to turn on the right blinker every time I start it and it is acting like im not turning the blinker on and I am. It has to be a wiring issue if i had to guess. Anyone know anything that could help
Old 01-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your friends are trolling the hell out of you.

Pop open your fuse box and remove the usual suspects (paperclips more than likely), and replace the fuses.

Unless the wires have been messed with, then you'll need to get a wiring diagram. I cant link, because work comps are limited, but you can run a search for it.

Last resort, contact a toyota dealership for assistance.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty332003 View Post
I have a 98 manual Toyota Tacoma that wont start and the horn honks every time I try... engine wont even turn over. I have to turn on the right blinker every time I start it and it is acting like im not turning the blinker on and I am. It has to be a wiring issue if i had to guess. Anyone know anything that could help
I think you guessed correct lol. Either someone is playing a prank on you (by messing with all of your fuses) or you have some serious issues going on
Old 01-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
wordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the rough
Name: david
wordtothis's Tacoma Gallery
Step one: Stop resting your hand firmly on horn as you start the truck...
Step two: PROFIT!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha lol
Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 01-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
wesb1023 is a splendid one to beholdwesb1023 is a splendid one to beholdwesb1023 is a splendid one to beholdwesb1023 is a splendid one to beholdwesb1023 is a splendid one to beholdwesb1023 is a splendid one to beholdwesb1023 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Westley
wesb1023's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome OP!!! I laughed out loud when I read your problem!!! I used to have a 89 yota that I added a "Grant" Advance Auto special steering wheel, sometimes the horn would just randomly honk while I was turning the wheel in traffic and stuff. I got flipped off like all the time!!! LOL!!! ......Anyways back to your problem, my first thought would be a bad ground. Check all your battery connections and grounding points. It sounds like a backfeeding ground when you try to start. I have seen a loose engine ground make a vehicle do some craaaazy stuff!!! Good Luck!!