LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

life span of a 3.4L

Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #41
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
In the end... there will be just rubble and Toyota 3.4L engines
Sigworthy. Maybe you second-genners aren't so bad after all.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #42
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
It is great to finally read a thread that has some positive things to say about ower trucks. So many times we are reading about the negative things about ower truck. This thread reminds me once agian why I have been A toyota owner for so many years and will be for many years to come. I love my truck and enjoy driving it !!!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #44
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
It is great to finally read a thread that has some positive things to say about ower trucks. So many times we are reading about the negative things about ower truck. This thread reminds me once agian why I have been A toyota owner for so many years and will be for many years to come. I love my truck and enjoy driving it !!!

What negative? The only negative I ever see (other than rust issues) is over at the Gen 2 sub-forum. If you do venture over there, don't forget a bottle of chardonnay and some gruyere...
Old 02-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #45
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Sigworthy. Maybe you second-genners aren't so bad after all.
Haha there's always still a few good ones in a batch of bad apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
What negative? The only negative I ever see (other than rust issues) is over at the Gen 2 sub-forum. If you do venture over there, don't forget a bottle of chardonnay and some gruyere...
Hey hey... Slow down now...
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #46
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wut, to close to home?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #47
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha there's always still a few good ones in a batch of bad apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Wut, to close to home?
We all know 2nd gen is about skewps and eyelids and blue balls.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #48
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
haha yes there some people you could give them a car for free and they will still find something to camplain about

sold a 95 4runner a few years ago with over 280k on and still see it running around like new
and my 98 has 180k and running strong.
but only got 15k on my 10 if it makes it to 200k ill be happy.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #50
mc4nam is on a distinguished road

mc4nam's Tacoma Gallery
Some of you guys don't drive much at all I guess. I got a 2004 that is about to hit 99k miles and I thought I didn't drive much!

But with $4-$5 per gallon gas on the horizon, I wish I could do better than 15-17mpg on my 15 mile stop and go trip to work in the mornings.

But, If I got a vehicle that got 30 mpg it would only save me about $40 a month. Can't get much a vehicle for $40 a month since I pay $0 per month now.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #51
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
I finally just paid off my 2000 this morning. i finished a 8k, 3 yr loan, in 6 months.

At 120K miles now, 500K more miles to go!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #52
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4nam View Post
But, If I got a vehicle that got 30 mpg it would only save me about $40 a month. Can't get much a vehicle for $40 a month since I pay $0 per month now.
I find it funny that alot of people is in that same position... driving a paid of vehicle that gets 20mpg or less... and they have a knee jerk reaction when fuel starts climbing up in price. Somehow they think that making payments on a 35mpg car is smarter than driving a PAID OFF 19mpg truck. LOL
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #53
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
I finally just paid off my 2000 this morning. i finished a 8k, 3 yr loan, in 6 months.

At 120K miles now, 500K more miles to go!
Congrats!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #54
lbhsbz is on a distinguished road
lbhsbz's Tacoma Gallery
210k on one and 238k on the other. Just plugs/oil changes/timing belts. Momma needs v/c gaskets on hers pretty soon, neither burns a drop of oil.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #55
Vali is on a distinguished road

Name: Vali
Vali's Tacoma Gallery
My '01 has 125,000 my plan is to keep her the rest of my life, when I die she'll take me to my grave, and my family will have her
Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #56
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In the end... there will be just rubble and Toyota 3.4L engines

Dammit! How do I make that a sig? Thats too damn funny.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #57
valon5150 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steven
valon5150's Tacoma Gallery
I got 201k on my first...then I hydrolocked it and blew a hole in the block...now i'm at 65k on my used one. 15k my own 50k on it when i got it
Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #58
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Dream pickup with low miles, but not paid for
Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #59
Gear Head
5LUGTACO is on a distinguished road

Name: David
5LUGTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Had a 96 4runner with 319k it blew a head gasket so it was parted out.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #60
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
2000 Tacoma, 196,000km. No burning oil, no mechanical issues, runs like a champ! Seats squeak a bit and the blower motor is going (again), but those are pretty cheap online.