Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen. ongoing prices..

Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen. ongoing prices..

I want a first gen. How much is a good price to pay for a stock trd e locked tacoma?

And how much can i get for mine?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
depends how many miles it has and how good of condition its in
Old 01-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Well I wouldn't want something with more than 150k. I drive 50miles to work. :/

mine is a 2005 with 78k but i don't drive it to work.ha
Old 01-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Well I wouldn't want something with more than 150k. I drive 50miles to work. :/

mine is a 2005 with 78k but i don't drive it to work.ha
which body style? 95-97? 98-00? 01-04?
Old 01-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
Firefighter:
Quote:
01-04. That's a good deal! Now how much would I be able to get for mine?
X2 thats pretty good. idk about yours. check out KBB and NADA
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine
2001 Doublecab
TRD 4x4
86k miles
Stock
Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
01 ext cab
trd
5spd
96k miles
no cruise
no abs
no tow package
bought from original owner in may 2011 for $8.5k

Good luck, you will love the true compact size and the capabilities the trd e locker enables you to.
Those are NOT current prices. I got mine in NOV 30 2011. Mine had 75K on the odo. I paid 14,200 + taxes (that was with the obligatory $399 fee). The bank would have loaned me $17K for it!

Prices were going up due to the scarcity created by the "buyback" program, and then yahoo news reported the Taco as one of the vehicles with the least depreciation!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
Firefighter:
Quote:
So should I just keep mine? Lol $14k for a first gen is a lot!
15k for a first gen would be the max i would pay. and it would have to be in extremly good condition
Old 01-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
So should I just keep mine? Lol $14k for a first gen is a lot!
R U in Chandler AZ? U R gonna have to WORK IT!

Rust free 4WD Taco's are FREACKING HOT. I had two sold from under me, and the one I got, which was purchased in Colorado Springs, had two contracts on it, had I not picked up.

And now I have a kid here in Tulsa, who lived in Vail for a while. He wants to buy mine! Won't leave me the hell alone!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
15k for a first gen would be the max i would pay. and it would have to be in extremly good condition
Then I hope I can get somewhere around that amount for mine.lol
Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
Firefighter:
Quote:
Then I hope I can get somewhere around that amount for mine.lol
you should be able to. unless you have really high miles
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
Quote:
it was an 04 i believe but there is no difference between the two besides the ABS was required as an option since 02

Through a dealer perhaps?

like i said mine was a private party sale based on KBB and NADA in my area. Value changes based on location as well.
Yeah, a dealer, but just to a quick search in both Autotrader and Cars.com

You'd think this things give blow jobs when you are driving them!

BTW, they do not!

The first one that I lost out, was in Panama City, originally sold in Tucson. was a '99 4WD TRD with tow package and 63K miles. I thought I had them @ 11,500. It was sold for 13,700 + taxes!

Didn't even bargain all that much after that. Remember, when buying used, how much money can the bank lend is what matters. My CU said that for the miles and VIN # they would wive me up to $17K!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
Quote:
OP if you really want one now you could jump fast, if this one is still not sold yet. 36k original miles
http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/2741385191.html
Good LORD, that's a steal!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Good LORD, that's a steal!
Lol am I the only one that seen that is has a rebuilt title?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #20
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
The thing that bothers me about that AD is the fact that the seller casually slipped the rebuilt in. Didn't stated "rebuilt title", just nonchalantly mentioned it among the options...