Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Supercharged?

Old 11-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
2coma is on a distinguished road
Navy: SEA
2coma's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharged?

I just bought a 2004 Tacoma doublecab 4x4 with a TRD supercharger. Can anyone point me to some good threads or post so I can figure out what good this thing is? It wines alot and uses alot of gas but not so much power.....are there some good "do's and dont's" I should know about?
Thanks for any info
Old 11-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need to figure out if there are any fuel mods on it like a 7th injector and the like, but by the way you describe it, I doubt that it has any. Fuel mods will help your truck run less lean and give you back some of that HP that seems to be lost.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Its probably un-tuned also.. you can get a stand-alone piggyback computer to tune it or pay a local shop to..
Old 12-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
First thing to do is to inventory what components are installed - including any electronic controllers.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
First thing I'd do...Take it to a real speed shop.
Get them to inventory what is there and what isn't. With someone elses build you run the risk of driving a vechicle that has their mistakes taking a toll on the engine.

The whine is what an S/C does...The gas is hit or miss...and I think dually is right...a solid inventory and a tune will be great for your truck.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
First thing I'd do...Take it to a real speed shop.
Get them to inventory what is there and what isn't. With someone elses build you run the risj of driving a vechicle that has their mistakes taking a toll on the engine.

The whine is what an S/C does...The gas is hit or miss...and I think dually is right...a solid inventory and a tune will be great for your truck.
X2
Old 12-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
2coma is on a distinguished road
Navy: SEA
2coma's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger change?

has anyone ever swapped the TRD sc for the bigger M90 unit? Can it be done?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #8
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a dog and you're getting bad MPG, it's probably rich. Get it tuned, and maybe solve both problems and have peice of mind. If it's lean you can melt pistons and fun stuff like that...
Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
call gadget at URD and he'll help you out