Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Side Steps - Aries/Westin or ???

Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Badbagger has a spectacular aura aboutBadbagger has a spectacular aura about
Air Force:
Badbagger's Tacoma Gallery
Side Steps - Aries/Westin or ???

Adding a few mods to the new to me Taco all of which are out of necessity. Truck is not lifted but new tires are oversize compared to originals by 1/2+. I don't have issues getting in and out but the Mrs. wellll.... she can without a lot of heartache.

I think the biggest benefit to them would be that they may cut down on rock chips etc and when it comes time to wash and wax, it'd be nice to have something to stand on vs pulling out the ladder.

Westin seems popular but Aries also seems pretty popular.

I'd like black vs stainless so I want something with GOOD powder coating. Aries has a 3 year warranty. Not sure about the Westin or anything else.
I'm more concerned with quality than saving a few bucks and want to do it right the first time.

Suggestions? Would ya do black or stainless ?

Pick of my Taco attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Side Steps - Aries/Westin or ???-1-14-11-truck-052.jpg   Side Steps - Aries/Westin or ???-1-14-11-truck-054.jpg   Side Steps - Aries/Westin or ???-1-14-11-truck-055.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Ever thought about sliders?

But westin are nice, i have them
Old 01-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
i have chrome westin brand on mine and my mom has chrome aries.. honestly i cant tell a difference quality wise. mine are about 10 years old and still look and feel brand new. mom's are about a year old and they work great too.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Badbagger has a spectacular aura aboutBadbagger has a spectacular aura about
Air Force:
Badbagger's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies so far. I did see Westin Signature Series carries a 5 year warranty which is perty good.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Westin Signature series. No regrets so far but I've only had my truck since May of 11. I was also thinking of getting the Black but the powder coat is on untreated steel which means over time should the powder coating become damaged, it will rust eventually.

I was also thinking of sliders such as in post #2 but sliders are closer to the body of the vehicle and usually are the same height as the sill so the reasoning as using them as a step for ease of entry is almost sans. Though they do offer great protection from parking lot door dings.