Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

fluid leak under "DASH"

Old 01-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
stillgo97tt is on a distinguished road
stillgo97tt's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy fluid leak under "DASH"

Question
HI. I have fluid leaking from under my dash.(it feels oilly and is brown) it is dripping down on my accelerator and brake pedals. it seems to be coming from somewhere above the steering wheel. it is not dripping too much but, there is enough to cause me concern. I feel that is brake fluid but, I can't figure out why it would be coming from so high up(maybe a line?) I have been monitoring my fluid levels and so far nothing seems to be low. the car is a 1997 toyota tacoma 4cyl exCab 177K. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Love my Toy!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Thats a pretty strange location. Can you get a pic of where its comming from?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Fluid from brake reservoir, or clutch reservoir, or heater core leak/hose connections.

Those are your possibilities. Check your fluid levels.

The brake fluid will easily flow from your clutch master down to the floor. Go under there with a flashlight and pinpoint where it's coming from.