Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

whats worse? body lift or spacer lifts?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down whats worse? body lift or spacer lifts?

I've heard a lot of people on here talking down body lifts and spacer lifts both, so I'm curious to see which is the lesser of the two evils. I have 3" coilovers and 2" axle blocks on mine and so far have had no serious issues with the ride quality or anything, but my rear is a little jumpy because of my sucky toyota leaf packs. I do plan on eventually upgrading my lift, but i need money for that, so for the time being I'm gonna have to live with it. Soo, feel free to let off your steam on anything concerning crappy lift kits.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
there is a term in math for this. its "equivalent"
Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
theres many, many, many threads on this discussion!

spacers can cause damage offroading. Body lifts can be a dangerous damage multiplier on and offroad.

end of story.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
theres many, many, many threads on this discussion!

spacers can cause damage offroading. Body lifts can be a dangerous damage multiplier on and offroad.

end of story.
ik, ive seen alot of other threads on this topic, but i never saw one that compared them both directly so i figured i would start one.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Small body lift wont kill ya. A small spacer wont kill ya. If you deciding between the both i would go with a spacer thou.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Body is worse by like 100000000000. They look stupid, and are potentially very damage.

Spacers suck too, but you'll be fine with them if you don't beat on them hard.

/end thread.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
stucoma05 is on a distinguished road
stucoma05's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2.5" spacer lift with a 3" body lift and 35" tires, ended up on the shoulder of the highway without an IFS on the passenger right. After that I removed my spacers and wont go back. The body lift stays though.