Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exhaust help!!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust help!!

i currently have a 2001 tacoma with super 40 series flowmaster exhaust dual exit. the piping isn't finished and just have dual drop downs. i need help on what looks for for the finishing of the exhaust. any pics and suggestions of where people have their pipes come out the back would be nice to see!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Old 01-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Taco or Die
Phearson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Phearson's Tacoma Gallery

Only 1 but still
Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #5

Marines:
well giving up the spare isn't a big deal cause if tire goes flat its going on a trailer...well popular isn't something i like. not being a dick about it. i like different and unique. but if you have any ideas or see something i miss then post it. what if i did a dual dump next to the spare to where it is tucked under the truck and out of the way.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
side pipe it bud i love my side pipes
Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Blackdawg;4415747]For duals? Not gonna get a lot results..not a very popular way to run exhaust. Just hard to do and make it look good. Plus you usually have to give up mounting your spare..

Not true. i still have spare.. only pic i have right now but if you want i can take another pic from underneath later
btw i have same muffler
Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here you go!!!

Not the beat bc its dark out but you can still see whats going on
Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Black Taco View Post
Not the beat bc its dark out but you can still see whats going on

[Sniff... Sniff] What's that smell?
Oh, that's my exhaust, it doubles as my spare tire warmer
Old 01-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
well giving up the spare isn't a big deal cause if tire goes flat its going on a trailer...well popular isn't something i like. not being a dick about it. i like different and unique. but if you have any ideas or see something i miss then post it. what if i did a dual dump next to the spare to where it is tucked under the truck and out of the way.

By not being popular i meant not very many ppl are gonna respond. I know of 2 other members that have duals. And only one of em is active.

and plus..id just leave it how you got it man. Don't have to worry about it scraping when you wheel.

Also, my duals tend to not look so go. The guys above is okay for a 2nd gen. You can make some 2nd gens look great with duals. 1st gens tho...not so much..it just doesn't line up well for the piping man..

plus..what do you want to gain from it? Our trucks sound beefy enough with a single. And with your flowmaster..just gonna be annoyingly loud man..
Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[QUOTE=Super Black Taco;4416783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
For duals? Not gonna get a lot results..not a very popular way to run exhaust. Just hard to do and make it look good. Plus you usually have to give up mounting your spare..

Not true. i still have spare.. only pic i have right now but if you want i can take another pic from underneath later
btw i have same muffler

Your a 2nd gen man..not a 1st..wrong section
Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #13

Marines:
Quote:
By not being popular i meant not very many ppl are gonna respond. I know of 2 other members that have duals. And only one of em is active.

and plus..id just leave it how you got it man. Don't have to worry about it scraping when you wheel.

Also, my duals tend to not look so go. The guys above is okay for a 2nd gen. You can make some 2nd gens look great with duals. 1st gens tho...not so much..it just doesn't line up well for the piping man..

plus..what do you want to gain from it? Our trucks sound beefy enough with a single. And with your flowmaster..just gonna be annoyingly loud man..
dude the dual FM is loud as hell being under my cab...mom complains when she's in it which is once or twice a month.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #15

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota new.o View Post
never thought of that! I'm gonna look into it. think about doing that but behind the the wheel??? either way I'm paying it to get done cause i don't have a shop for this type of stuff. or maybe coming out of the bumper...idk I'm gonna sleep on it some and google and search the web a little more and check some builds out on this site.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #16

Your a 2nd gen man..not a 1st..wrong section[/QUOTE]

true but a truck is a truck not a whole lot changes under the bed. i dont see why that wouldnt work on a 1st gen too.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #17

Marines:
Quote:
Yea...well...not gonna change with pipes pointing out...Flowmasters are notorious for being super loud and having a loud drone when cruising..sorry bro..thats just how the muffler is that you picked..
the tone is dead on perfect. it sounds great and love hitting those high RPMs and letting it scream away. the truck turns heads and everybody asks the exhaust I'm running.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Black Taco View Post
Your a 2nd gen man..not a 1st..wrong section
true but a truck is a truck not a whole lot changes under the bed. i dont see why that wouldnt work on a 1st gen too.[/QUOTE]

Just how thing line up with the frame, shackles, leaf, and such. Just harder to do.

Quote:
the tone is dead on perfect. it sounds great and love hitting those high RPMs and letting it scream away. the truck turns heads and everybody asks the exhaust I'm running.
So...why change it???
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #19

Marines:
Quote:
true but a truck is a truck not a whole lot changes under the bed. i dont see why that wouldnt work on a 1st gen too.
Just how thing line up with the frame, shackles, leaf, and such. Just harder to do.

So...why change it??? [/QUOTE]

figured somebody had some ideas or something that looked good. ill think about it. but if not the anything on some headers??? mine have over 215k miles and i think its time to update them...
Old 01-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
figured somebody had some ideas or something that looked good. ill think about it. but if not the anything on some headers??? mine have over 215k miles and i think its time to update them...

Say what about headers?? idk really if they every NEED replaced. Aftermarket ones don't really boost you in power or sound that much unless you SC it..but with 215k i doubt you'll be doing that haha

and you can keep looking. Not trying to stop you..but if you off road at all..id just leave it man.