Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Short Throw Shifter

Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Dlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
Dlead's Tacoma Gallery
Short Throw Shifter

Hey guys i was wondering if its worth getting a short throw shifter for my truck or not? Let me know what u think...Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I had a B&M short shifter on my 93 nissan 240sx and had nothing but problems with it it was well made but when I got it installed there was a grinding sound in 1st 3rd and 5th. So look into it before you buy one
Old 01-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
I had a B&M short shifter on my 93 nissan 240sx and had nothing but problems with it it was well made but when I got it installed there was a grinding sound in 1st 3rd and 5th. So look into it before you buy one

He is looking into it. Thats why he posted this thread
Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
Dlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
Dlead's Tacoma Gallery
Yea man i was looking at the urd but i got another question too i have a body lift so its got a spacer in the shifter to make it taller can i still put a short throw shifter on it? And thanks man i looked in to it some but ill keep looking in to it about it being hard to get in gear and all..
Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Ha I was talking about brands sorry I'd personaly stay away from B&M I'm not sure if they make a shifter for a tacoma but if they did I wouldn't get it
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
I called the guys at URD and asked a few questions about it the other day. Of course they said I would love it and go ahead and get it...........but they ma be a little biased. As far as the lift question I do not know. The shift kit does come with a spacer as part of it to raise the shifter for the new ball joint, so maybe if it were the same thickness you might not use it and be ok with what you got but IDK. You would have to ask someone who really knows what they are talking about lol.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlead View Post
Hey guys i was wondering if its worth getting a short throw shifter for my truck or not? Let me know what u think...Thanks in advance for any replies!
Why? Its a truck, not a race car.