LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird engine noise after oil change!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Weird engine noise after oil change!

So, about 20 miles after the oil change im hearing a slight knocking sound. This happens when I am at a stop light in Drive, it also happens when I put it in Reverse and hold the brake, when I put the truck back in Parking Gear no noise, is this normal? ... Could this type of oil change do this AMSOIL 100% synthetic 5W 30? Has anyone experience this noise?? Please advised if its normal or not. Thanks
Old 01-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
When filling was the plug in?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Lulz check oil level ASAP what oil did you use weight
Old 01-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
He said 100% synthetic Amsoil 5w 30. Read brah
Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
plug in???
Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #6

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
100% synthetic Amsoil 5w 30
Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He said 100% synthetic Amsoil 5w 30. Read brah
Lol ya I did not read the hole thing haha
Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
well that can't be good.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
i think his plug was in his oil light should have illuminated
Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #10

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
well MIDAS did the oil change since I didnt have time. I sure then know how to change oil right
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #11

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure it's a new sound all the v6 motors have a slit ticking
Old 01-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #12

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you sure it's a new sound all the v6 motors have a slit ticking
I had never heard it before. Maybe I havent paid it attention or something.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
mine doesn't tick. i would go insaine if it did.....maybe it has nothing to do with oil chnge....friend had his torque converter go bad and it made funny noises
Old 01-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #15

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
I had never heard it before. Maybe I havent paid it attention or something.
Ya I would just check the oil and keep track of it if it gets loud have it checked ASAP
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #16

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgie View Post
Have you check the dip stick?
yes is good to go. good level
Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #17

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya I would just check the oil and keep track of it if it gets loud have it checked ASAP
the noise is very minimal. I checked the oil dipstick and it reads good.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #18

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
the noise is very minimal. I checked the oil dipstick and it reads good.
YA that is just the sound of the motor! When I first got my truck I was the same way it's cool if there is oil your good I guess
Old 01-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #19

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
YA that is just the sound of the motor! When I first got my truck I was the same way it's cool if there is oil your good I guess
I hope so bro. The noise can only be heard from te inside of the vehicle. Outside you cant heard no noise.