LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Warn/ARB Bumper

Old 01-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
BVCOTaco is on a distinguished road
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Warn/ARB Bumper

The tacoma I bought a few months ago already had a ARB bullbar on it. But it looks to be a Warn/ARB bumper. There is the Warn 'W' cut out on the face of the bumper. I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this before?
Also I am looking at purchasing a winch and was trying to find some installation instructions on here. I tried a search, but did not find anything except pictures of the bumpers with winches installed.

Here is a pictures of the bumper
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
bigdaddytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jared
bigdaddytaco's Tacoma Gallery
never seen that but it would look bad ass on my arb since i have a warn winch
Old 01-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
Man, that is what I need here in Chicago!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Guess you have to get a warn winch now, lol
Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
ratso is on a distinguished road
ratso's Tacoma Gallery
I put a warn xd 9000 in my arb bumper.I believe the instructions come with the winch it was easy to put in but very heavy you need a helper.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratso View Post
I put a warn xd 9000 in my arb bumper.I believe the instructions come with the winch it was easy to put in but very heavy you need a helper.
Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if there were any additional mounting hardware that would need to be purchased to install the winch in the bumper.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like it is a bit wide for the truck..
Old 01-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
Seems like it is a bit wide for the truck..
x2
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I believe that ARB is made for a different truck.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about the bumper but looks like you got yourself a nice truck there.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
x2
X10

It's like looking at the old "head gear" braces from the 80s.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
You know I never thought that this bumper didn't fit properly until the responses to this post. So I looked through some of the build threads of people with ARB bumpers and it definitely looks a little wide. Oh well, I am not too worried about it. It will still function the same, I will inspect the frame mounts though, to ensure it is mounted securely before I install the winch.
Looks fine from the side though!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Try to find out what it came off of and sell it to get one that fits. It could be a land cruiser or something larger like that
Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like an ARB from a Landcruiser.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
Do you know where I could find a model number or something on the bumper itself? It would be nice to get one that fits proper, but right now I have a long list of items that take priority first.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVCOTaco View Post
Do you know where I could find a model number or something on the bumper itself? It would be nice to get one that fits proper, but right now I have a long list of items that take priority first.
Hm I don't think I have a model number on my actual bumper, so I doubt it unless you got the receipt with it.

I would try to sell it/get the correct ARB bumper. ARB tests all their bumpers to be airbag compatible and safe within OEM standards, so a bumper for another rig might compromise that a little bit.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
when i got mine it was somewhere on the inside of the bumper around the winch area...but ya def looks bigger than the one i got on mine as well. check others bumpers.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
Banned
hayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
hayabusa3303's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Look on the drivers side where the mounting bolts are at. there is a sticker there that tells you what truck it is for. Mine does.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think it looks bad but if you want to know if it is the right one or what it is for, take a couple of measurements from side to side and contact ARB.
http://arbusa.com/Contact.aspx
ARB 4x4 Accessories

720 SW 34th StreetRenton, WA 98057 (425) 264 1391 Fax: (425) 264 1392 Toll Free: (866) 293-9078 sales@arbusa.com
Old 01-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #20
Thanks for the input, I will crawl under there later today to see if I can find some sort of part number stamped into it or a sticker of some sort. If that doesn't work, I will just take the measurements and contact ARB. Since I live in CO, I am sure that I could sell this to someone with whatever vehicle that it fits. There are so many Toyota's out here it is crazy!
If I did replace it, I think I would go with the ARB again though, I just like the way it looks and it is beefy!